Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Take Three" Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 8:25am
Roadrunner,

I believe bartering is a business transaction.

Cheers,

Glacier
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 9:10am
This morning was the first time I have witnessed people getting irate over this. I was in the 14th St. line at Horner and there was a fairly long line of riders for 8am. I was 4th in line when a car (with only the driver inside) pulled up. Two people got in, and a woman from the middle of the line yelled to the man in front of me, "Ask if they'll take a 3rd! Geez!" The man obviously was not comfortable asking, but I guess one of the other riders asked and the driver said yes. So as he was getting in, this very rude lady said, "Come on people!! I'll bring a bunch of babies out here and they can show us how this is done!" I, for one, am really sick of people bringing their bad attitudes to the slug lines. If you want to ask, ask. If you don't, don't. If the driver wants to take a 3rd, fine. If not, fine. But give us all a break and keep comments like this to yourself...self-control is a sign of maturity, after all.
mol View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 11:57am
Quite a while back when I used to slug to and from Potomac Mills, there was a woman in line who behaved the same way (I always saw her at the Pentagon line). She was way beyond being rude. Another woman walked over and quietly asked her would she do everyone a favor and the next time she slugged would she take a tranquilizer. The woman did not take it well, however, WE NEVER SAW HER AGAIN. What bliss! Thank goodness the vast majority of sluggers are normal and decent people.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 12:31pm
She was probably late for work. I don't know how she could show babies how to do it, cause she certainly does not know. She appears to be just rude.
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 1:16pm
I'm sure she was late, too, va, but that's no excuse. I was running late also. But as the woman behind me said to me, if you're going to get that upset, get there earlier.
Rosebud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 5:24pm
The other day as I was pulling up to the slug at Horner, a lady in line yelled "will you take a third". I said "yes" and she immediately ran to the car and jumped in. Problem was there was about 25 people in front of her going to the same place. The slugs in line started heckling and the woman, obviously insenstive to it all remarked "I did the asking, not them". As a driver, I guess I could of asked her to get out of the car. I didn't because my role is to drive, not police the line.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 2:08pm
Yesterday PM, this lady, 2 spots behind me, tried to cut in front. What is wrong with these people?

Besides telling her that I and someone else in front of her were waiting for a ride to the same location, I gave her a really mean "evil eye". Not sure she got it, but I'm prepared if I see her do it again...
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 3:07pm
Well my question would be.....was the "asker" 100% wrong? A driver pulls up, gets two riders....the line is long or time is running short, etc......the driver nor the next person in line initiates the asking, so someone who is ready to go, further back in line, ask for his/her own gain. Are they completely wrong? Just curious, cause i've seen it happen before myself.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 3:16pm
In my opinion, of course they're wrong - who was in line first?

As far as your comment "someone who is ready to go", if you're in line, you're ready to go. Maybe the 3rd person saw the car was full, there was a child seat, whatever. People in back just need to be patient - their time will come.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 4:27pm
Slugbug,

It is 100%; it promotes anarchy in the line. If someone is that late, ask to move up. Yes, you may be told no, but its better than being RUDE. If I have to explain the anarchy bit, I will later, but most can see what would happen if it was an accepted practice.

Cheers,

Glacier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic