Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Stolen at Horner Road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckenyattas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2004 at 12:18pm
I suggest we should get a security camera at Horner Road. Or have Prince William police doing a security watch. That prevents from having stolen cars and theft. Remember school will be over in June and thats when we have the highest theft during the year.
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]I received the following email from an unfortunate slug who had her car stolen at Horner Road on Tuesday, March 16th.

I am a regular Horner Rd “slugger” with the worst luck. In August my car (a ’95 Honda Accord) was broken into, everything…I mean everything that wasn’t tied down was stolen (CD player, CD’s, gym bag etc). So you’d think I’d learn my lesson and not park there anymore…however on Tuesday, March 16th the entire car was stolen, along with another ’96 Honda Accord!!!! You can imagine my frustration.

I am writing you this because I think it is very important to let everyone know and to be on guard. I NEVER thought this could happen, naïve, maybe. Anyways, the PWC police told me it happens all the time. So what are they doing about it? I still haven’t seen that fancy cherry picker contraption in the lots yet. Please, if you could, post something on the main page regarding this matter. I have tried to spread the word and generally people’s first reaction is shock. So I just want people to be aware that the lot is not patrolled (except in the morning to give citations to poor sluggers backing up traffic and to those who park illegally). Go figure.

Thank you sooo much,
Rebecca

CHRISTOPHER K. SESE-KHALID, Sr.
ckenyattas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckenyattas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2004 at 12:21pm
I try to convence my wife to park the jeep at Potomac Mills. There have never been a theft at Potomac Mills since I have been slugging for seven years. I suggest the Police should get a security camera at Horner Road. Or have Prince William police doing a security watch. That prevents from having stolen cars and theft. Remember school will be over in June and thats when we have the highest theft during the year.
quote:
Originally posted by KaTaNa
[br]Potomac Mills is patrolled by mall security. I don't ever remember hearing about a vehicle being stolen from there.

ckenyattas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckenyattas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2004 at 12:23pm
I try to convence my wife to park the jeep at Potomac Mills. There have never been a theft at Potomac Mills since I have been slugging for seven years. I suggest the Police should get a security camera at Horner Road. Or have Prince William police doing a security watch. That prevents from having stolen cars and theft. Remember school will be over in June and thats when we have the highest theft during the year.
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
[br]I was talking to a driver one morning and told me that there are 16 cars stolen daily in a metro station in Maryland(don't remember exactly which one), with metro station security patrolling and everything. I don't know if this is true but we definetely have to do something here before it gets out of hand. I've seen busted windows. However this is the first time I heard a case of a stolen car.

glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2004 at 10:10pm
ckenyattas

Great idea! If DC can use cameras to deter speeders, if may help a little to post them, and advertise their use to all. In a conversation witht the police at the lot last month they said people break in to the vehicles and then torch them to destroy the evidence. Thus the need for fire trucks to get around in Horner.

I think a few caeras would go a long way.

Cheers,

Glacier
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2004 at 11:04pm
Yes. This is a great idea. However, we will need several cameras to cover all the areas.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2004 at 10:09am
All,

Wow, my apologies for the prior post to ckenyattas. The wireless keyboard strikes again. Although, that is no excuse for not reading it over before hitting the submit reply button.

Cheers,

Glacier
JimH View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2004 at 12:38pm
For those unfortunate individuals who had car parts and whole cars stolen may I suggest owning a different vehicle. Hondas are one of the top (if not the top) vehicle make stolen in the US.

No offense intended to anyone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic