Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal City Sluggers??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal City Sluggers??
    Posted: 20 May 2004 at 5:01pm
I'm not sure what most people prefer, but when i leave Crystal City and pick up slugs at the end of Crystal drive.....what do MOST people prefer......go down the bumpy side road that leads you to the back of the Pentagon....OR to go straight through to the Front entrance of the Pentagon where you'll have to be directed by traffic? I try to accomodate what i think people prefer.....but i've noticed some sighs when i don't go a certain way. What's the general preference??[:)]
gj View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2004 at 5:22pm
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]I'm not sure what most people prefer, but when i leave Crystal City and pick up slugs at the end of Crystal drive.....what do MOST people prefer......go down the bumpy side road that leads you to the back of the Pentagon....OR to go straight through to the Front entrance of the Pentagon where you'll have to be directed by traffic? I try to accomodate what i think people prefer.....but i've noticed some sighs when i don't go a certain way. What's the general preference??[:)]

I'm a rider from Crystal City in the PM. In my opinion, which way to go is the drivers preference. A long time ago, the back way used to be quicker. But it doesn't seem like one way or the other is quicker any more.

gj
Bamboo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bamboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2004 at 8:29pm
Slugbug,
I don't know much about slugging. I am very new to the whole thing, but it would seem to me that if you're driving and someone is getting a free ride from you, you should be going in whichever direction you like and are comfortable with.
Subaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2004 at 8:50am
I ride every afternoon from crystal city to horner and I know that going underneath the bridge is MUCH faster then going around the pentagon. When you go around you have to go much slower because of the Police that sit around there, and not to mention the road is 2 times as long. By the time you are at the pentagon, you could have been on 95 if you go the other way. I know some cars dont like to wait at that light before the bridge so they make an immediate right. But I say wait it out and go straight. MUCH faster.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic