Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 10:25am
quote:
Originally posted by cedarcitynative
[br]
It's any wonder the system works as well as it does given it's constituency.

No, luckily for the slugging community...you and others with your selfish attitude are in the minority.
cedarcitynative View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 9:47am
Wow, I must respond. NoSUV, that's a real logic bender you've laid out there. Somehow because I once rode in the second car with two people, instead of the first car with one person, that is going to make HOT "more palatable to the GENERAL public." Regarding bending rules, no rules were bent, broken, flexed, whatever in my case. THERE IS NO RULE IN THE SLUG ETIQUETTE HANDBOOK regarding the described situation. My case was an EXCEPTION to the established order of things. Read that again, EXCEPTION. You and every other mind-numbing person who has responded to this issue with your half thought-out responses deserve to walk to work. It's any wonder the system works as well as it does given it's constituency.

Yes, the OVERALL congestion problem does need a cure. There are several parts to a long-term cure: ending the hybrid exemption, increasing capacity of lots, increasing capacity of both the I-95/I-395 corridor, building new bridges, and perhaps a bypass for I-95 truck traffic south of F-burg. Lining up like lemmings and jumping in cars every morning and evening works for many, but it is not the only solution to congestion. And believing that is the panacea is folly.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2005 at 9:10am
quote:
[br]
We're all in this together. So we may as well cool the rhetoric and turn our attention to the REAL problems facing HOV: HOT and Hybrids.

This concludes my interest and participation in this thread.

Actually, the REAL problem facing HOV is that of attitudes - and yours is likely one of the key reasons why HOT seems more palatable to the GENERAL public (not the slug miniority). The general public probably categorizes how you feel - bending rules to suit yourself - with the slugging system overall, and would prefer the more evenly administered toll system. The hybrid exemption is only a delay to the enivitable toll system - the OVERALL congestion problem needs a cure.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 6:33pm
I don't appreciate profanity and I think that you exaggerate. Statistically, it is improbable that the above scenario would play out exactly as you describe. One way or the other, everyone makes their way either north or south. You know that as both a driver and perhaps as a slug too. Granted there will be exceptional circumstances which may cause us to deviate from the accepted norms of slugging. However, I don't believe such deviations will harm the system.

We're all in this together. So we may as well cool the rhetoric and turn our attention to the REAL problems facing HOV: HOT and Hybrids.

This concludes my interest and participation in this thread.
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 6:00pm
quote:
[br]122582,

As a driver I frequently get passed up for the car with 2 people when mine only has little ole me. And guess what: It doesn't bother me --

Well, I'll bet it doesn't bother you because you know that if you were in the slugs shoes at the time, you would do the same exact selfish thing (as admitted to earlier in the thread). Whereas, people who do the right thing would expect the same in return and therefore get a bit ticked off if that were to happen to them.

Let me pose a quick scenario to you:

You are the driver and you need two slugs. Five minutes later a car pull up behind you line needing only 1 slug. 2 minutes later a slug comes up and hops in the car behind yuo. You still sitting there waiting for a slug. 3 minutes later another car pulls up behind you needing only 1 slug. 2 minutes later another slug hops in the second car. Now your thinking "Damn, if they had just gone by the rules....I could be on my way now". Let's same the same thing happens 2 more times.

Still doesn't bother you???? If you say no....I call bullsh!t.

Think the above scenaio would never happen......THINK AGAIN!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 4:06pm

So you now speak for the entire "slugging" community? I both ride and drive. As a driver I frequently get passed up for the car with 2 people when mine only has little ole me. And guess what: It doesn't bother me -- it's simply the "cost of doing business" in the Old Dominion. If you'll all go back to my initial post, it was the driver's reaction which served as the principal reason for my starting this thread: arms outspread and bellowing, "DO YOU NEED A RIDE?!" Why don't we change this thread over to "Driver Aggression Toward Slugs?"
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 3:58pm
No, KC is a driver, like me, transporting slugs (like you) from way south on I-95, saving you up to $20 per day in commuting costs.

To quote the queen of soul - all he's asking, is for a little respect.

BTW, Pweeze, is it insecurity or control that keeps you from letting your hubby out of your sight?

tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 3:49pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]So, you think that my husband and I, who always slug together, should slug separate, if the car we get into just so happens to pick both of us up, even if the driver already has a 2nd in the car before us? Just because you may have to wait for another slug, for the car you may wait in after us?? Ok, so sorry to inconvenience you, NOT!!

You cant stand to be apart? Is that the reason here?? Helping another individual would seem the right thing to do....I mean what are we talking about here....1 hour of being apart??

:'}

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 3:30pm
Dear Mr. KCWOLFPCK,

Thank you for affirming your personal status as a slug: the lowest form of life.
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2005 at 2:51pm
quote:
[br] I arrived at the lot late in the morning, after 8am, when slugs are few and far between at my particular lot. By getting in the second car, I may have extended the wait of the first car,

Yeah....you basically screwed him good.

quote:
however, I expedited the commute of the folks waiting in the second car,

Yeah, you could have expedited the commute of anyone in line by getting in their car first...even the last car in line. Does that mean you should??? Do you know the purpose of a LINE??

quote:
There's a phrase in the Good Book that says: "the first shall be last and the last shall be first."

What the heck is this so called "Good Book" and what does it have to do with slugging??????

quote:
In this instance, the last car (the second one) was first.

Yeah, because you screwed the person who was first in line.

quote:
Moreover, why punish the second car to waiting an indertiminable time when they are only ONE person away from the requirement of HOV-3.

Since when is it punishment to WAIT HIS FRICKIN TURN???? If he wanted to ensure getting a slug right away, he would have made arrangements to get to the slug line earlier.

Sheesh......CLUELESS!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic