Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 DR COUPES YEAH OR NAY?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vaslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 DR COUPES YEAH OR NAY?
    Posted: 29 Dec 2003 at 2:38pm
With the increase in HOV participation I am seeing more and more 2DRS in the slug lines. How do most people view 2DRS and their drivers. I feel bad when I see people have to climb in the back to get a ride to work. But I guess they could pass on the ride if they really wanted to. What do you think?
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2003 at 4:03pm
This may sound harsh, but I think it's rather selfish of the driver to expect others to cram in their back seats. And I'd have an easier time adopting the "slug can pass" mentality if I wouldn't see the extreme in 2DR-ness (e.g.-Ford Festiva, VW Cabrio, etc.) so often. Not real fair to the passenger if that is your only option (when drivers are scarce). If I had a 2 DR, I'd park it and ride, but that is just me.
tarmacevo8 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarmacevo8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2003 at 6:49pm
If a driver pulls into the slug line in a tiny car like a Festiva, I will just pass him/her up for a more comfortable car. I am 6'2" and 235 lbs, with long legs, so I need my space. Four-door sedans and SUVs are the best, IMHO... [8D]
GeeseAreGood View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeeseAreGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2003 at 11:57am
Same rule as with the extended cab trucks, 4.7.2 I think.

No prohibition, but it is buyer beware. They can drive to the slug line and pick up slugs, it is up to the slugs to get in or not. Normally, a slug should not pass without a reason as this would deprive a driver who is next in line, however, a two door car, extended cab truck, or a dirty car is an example of a good reason to pass.

On a cold or rainy day, or a slow day, a two-door car or an extended cab truck is pretty inviting.

Rosemary View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosemary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2003 at 3:04pm
It could be worse. I once rode in a pick up truck (NO extended cab for this guy) and I had the privilege of sitting in the middle! [:0] I was new to slugging and didn't feel comfortable saying: "You have GOT to be kidding me". You should have seen how quick I hopped over when the first rider got out. Sheeesh!
Rosemary View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosemary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2003 at 3:04pm
It could be worse. I once rode in a pick up truck (NO extended cab for this guy) and I had the privilege of sitting in the middle! [:0] I was new to slugging and didn't feel comfortable saying: "You have GOT to be kidding me". You should have seen how quick I hopped over when the first rider got out. Sheeesh!
bigbrowneyes View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbrowneyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2003 at 3:10pm
Wow good question. Why do I say that you ask. I am one of those "selfish" drivers with a 2DR. [8D] I kind of feel bad for mainly the men whom I pick up that have to fold themselves into the front.[:I] However they have an option. I just recently moved to the area to take a job in DC and my 2DR honda (one of the larger line of coupes) before I even knew what slugging was. The first day at my job I attempted to commute into DC the normal way and it took two hours and almost brought me to tears. No more I said so I started slugging. Since I am fortunate enough to have free parking at my job (a miracle in dc) and they don't reinburse for metro I figured why not slug. Like I said sometimes I feel conflicted about it[:I] but for me there really was limited options. Until I either get a new car or a new job I will continue to slug. However I also give people the option to pass if they feel uncomfortable when trying to get in.
bigbrowneyes View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbrowneyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2003 at 3:12pm
Wow good question. Why do I say that you ask. I am one of those "selfish" drivers with a 2DR. [8D] I kind of feel bad for mainly the men whom I pick up that have to fold themselves into the front.[:I] However they have an option. I just recently moved to the area to take a job in DC and I had my 2DR honda (one of the larger line of coupes) before I even knew what slugging was. The first day at my job I attempted to commute into DC the normal way and it took two hours and almost brought me to tears. No more I said so I started slugging. Since I am fortunate enough to have free parking at my job (a miracle in dc) and they don't reinburse for metro I figured why not slug. Like I said sometimes I feel conflicted about it[:I] but for me there really was limited options. Until I either get a new car or a new job I will continue to slug. However I also give people the option to pass if they feel uncomfortable when trying to get in.
NoNo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2003 at 9:04am
I have a 2dr Coupe myself, and no one has indicated to me a problem with space, or legroom. I won't leave the line until the person is confortable and the seats adjusted. I've also told people that they are welcome to store their items on the seat next to them, and stretch their legs behind my seat if needed.

Haven't been seen as selfish yet, but if you don't like my car, take another one. I won't be offended.
k2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2004 at 11:02am
quote:
Originally posted by NoNo
[br]I have a 2dr Coupe myself, and no one has indicated to me a problem with space, or legroom. I won't leave the line until the person is confortable and the seats adjusted. I've also told people that they are welcome to store their items on the seat next to them, and stretch their legs behind my seat if needed.

Haven't been seen as selfish yet, but if you don't like my car, take another one. I won't be offended.

Sounds good. Why should someone complain about getting into a coupe? What? Do we all need big SUVs now to qualify for slugging? Get real.

Reality check: SUVs are a big waste of resources for most people, cost more to maintain, do not handle as well as most cars, and create a hazard for drivers of normal-sized vehicles. I am right and you are wrong and you SUV-lovers are all brainwashed by your own greed. That is just my practical opinion. Of course, if you really do need an SUV, go ahead and buy one. Have fun during the next oil crisis.

-Offended coupe driver

P.S. - I don't like SUVs too much, but I am reasonable otherwise.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic