Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BEWARE - Slugger mugged on 1/18/05

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terratoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEWARE - Slugger mugged on 1/18/05
    Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 8:45am
My roommate's coworker was mugged on her way to work on Jan 18 by the driver who picked her up. I don't have all the details, but I hope she will post them for us. I believe she was slugging from Horner Rd to 14th St.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 9:01am
I'll believe this when I see the police report in the Potomac News. Sorry, but I'm a little skeptical of this report and the possible motivation behind it. If it is the case, we will get some info on it after contacting the police and I will post it.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 10:31am
Reports like this, with no relevant details, actually do more harm than good. "I heard..." and "it happened to my friend" stories never do anyone any good. I'm not saying this didn't happen, but I must join my skeptical voice to the call for constructive details.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 12:18pm
I think that it is a good idea to post warnings like this, but there should be some sort of evidence, not the she said he said stuff. Especially the next time a black acura pulls up at the slug lines, and a slug rememebers this post!!

:'}
Mrs. S View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 1:30pm
I drove terratoo home yesterday. She called her friend to let her know about the long wait in the slug lines due to the traffic and they spoke of the event on the phone. Terratoo did not want to ask her friend too much information because her friend was still pretty upset about the morning's event. I suggested that she post the story on this website to allert others. I hope that the police are able to find out more information and that terratoo keeps us updated. Thanks terratoo!
terratoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terratoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2005 at 8:52am
Listen, I understand the skepticism and it made me quickly realize that I should have never made this posting. I should have given the actual person who experienced these events to make the post herself (and I hope that she still will). My only intention was to spread the word as quickly as possible.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2005 at 10:20am
Please don't misunderstand. We very much appreciate the information and are quite sad to hear it. In order for us to properly prevent a future occurrence, however, we need specifics. "Two black guys in an Acura" doesn't do any good.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2005 at 12:58pm
The sky is falling....
scarygreengiant View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarygreengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 4:40pm
So was anyone able to confirm this story?
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2005 at 5:16pm
I am always amazed at how blase' many women are regarding their personal safety. I am always flabbergasted when i see women standing alone waiting for a ride - and in the dark.

women shouldnt get into a car unless other sluggers where already in the car. all someone has to do is threaten a woman[or person] with a weapon until they get out of the pentagon.

i hope most women realize the INFREQUENCY of the news reports or even women's own reporting of assualts on women to the police. many woman dont even bother to report it. its sad and anguishing.

im glad this topic came up whether its been doubted or not.

i once picked up a woman at the pentagon and she knew the others in the car were getting off before her at a different location [them to stafford, she to fburg]. she was alone with me in my car and i felt uncomfortable, like feeling embarassed FOR someone else.

i pass women jogging alone in lonely forested fairfax area parks. we pass alone in the middle of the woods. these women are nuts. albeit they are often young. do women realize its not as safe as they hear about? most cases of assault you will never hear about. the frequency of occurrence is much higher than it seems.

food for thought.

ive sometimes pondered the development of women-only slug cars. i brought up the topic in a slug car once [i think i did] and the topic was arrogantly dismisssed as too inconvenient and unrealistic. people here so often seem to thin kthey know it all. until its them. too cocky for their own good.

i personally know so many women who have been sexually assualted. its bewildering.

sorry, my comments were driven by another friend being added to the list on that day but this just makes my comments all the more important.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic