Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV VIOLATORS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOV VIOLATORS
    Posted: 24 May 2011 at 11:35am
Are there any State Troopers out there. Please ticket all those who violate the HOV law. There are far to many vehicles in the HOV lanes violating the law. Especially those who have tinted windows and believe that they are getting away with it. If you choose to ride in the HOV lanes, go to one of the commuter lots and pick up slugs. Enough Said!!
Spectrepilot View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spectrepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:15am
I am amazed at the lack of enforcement. During my last tour here the police would park just down the 7900 entrance ramp at least one morning a week and at the exit at least one afternoon a week. They always had several cars pulled over so the were generating revenue which seems to be the theme these days.

I did a very unscientific experiment this morning while sitting in the traffic jam on the HOV. I counted 30 cars go by (slow driver), of them six were cheaters. I got license plates for five of the six which are posted below. I know nothing will come of it, but it makes me feel better to out the scumbags.

VA Plate - XFP3304
VA Plate - AEE7761
VA Plate - JNW6061
VA Plate - JUS4993
VA Plate - JZX5356

Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 11:58am
^

Note vehicle year/make/model and color too so we can throw eggs at them.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
Spectrepilot View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spectrepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 9:03am
quote:
Originally posted by Pele

Note vehicle year/make/model and color too so we can throw eggs at them.

MANY Many cheaters this morning...Truly make me sick...where is the enforcement.

Silver Sonata with Temporary Tag VA - Jun 23 11, young female driver
Black Ford Fusion (heavily tinted windows), VA - WX9438 - Driver on the phone the entire trip, young male driver
Gold Accord VA - YDE3970, Young female driver
Black Dodge Charger (heavily tinted windows), young male driver
Red Dodge Charger, female driver

I have not seen any enforcement in months...I know Arlington used to have HOV enforcement periods each month. I recently found out that in 2008 police caught 18,269 people using HOV lanes illegally in Northern Virginia. If you want to generate revenue, go get these scumbags.

Also, the Virginia Highway Patrol does seem to respond when enough people complain. Contact them at bfo@vsp.virginia.gov and ask for more enforcement.
mdog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 2:13pm
I bet most of those cars, esp. with heavy tints with drivers on the phones, belong to various law enforcement agencies, that are exempt.

Validity of such exemption is another issue...
RetiredMarine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetiredMarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 2:24pm
quote:
Originally posted by mdog

I bet most of those cars, esp. with heavy tints with drivers on the phones, belong to various law enforcement agencies, that are exempt.

The law doesn't exempt them, they take advantage of the brotherhood.
grucker View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:19pm
quote:
Originally posted by RetiredMarine

quote:
Originally posted by mdog

The law doesn't exempt them, they take advantage of the brotherhood.

Read the rules:
"4. Emergency vehicles (fire, ambulance, rescue) and law enforcement vehicles are exempt. Public utility vehicles are permitted to use HOV lanes when responding to emergency calls."
http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/hov-rulesfaq.asp
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 2:55pm
[?] Does anyone know which companies they include in the "public utility vehicles" exemption?

I'm thinking it includes vehicles from Washington Gas, Virginia Dominion Power, Fairfax Water, etc. -- but I wonder if it includes communications and cable TV companies like Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, Cox Communications, etc.

Anyone know?
grucker View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 7:37am
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE

[?] Does anyone know which companies they include in the "public utility vehicles" exemption?

I'm thinking it includes vehicles from Washington Gas, Virginia Dominion Power, Fairfax Water, etc. -- but I wonder if it includes communications and cable TV companies like Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, Cox Communications, etc.

Anyone know?

Good question, I would think that the phone/cable being out is not an emergency, whereas a gas/water leak or downed power line is.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 8:15am
quote:
Originally posted by grucker

quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE

Anyone know?

Good question, I would think that the phone/cable being out is not an emergency, whereas a gas/water leak or downed power line is.

Phone being out isn't an emergency until you need to call the police.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic