Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why Topic: Worst Slug Story In History Stopped?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why Topic: Worst Slug Story In History Stopped?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why Topic: Worst Slug Story In History Stopped?
    Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 1:17pm
Why did the moderator stop this topic? No reason was given and I learned some helpful information from this topic. I did not mind the banter and understand that some people have very strong opinons. Is there some kind of conspiracy to keep this thing quiet[;)]
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 6:49pm
I agree there were some strong opinions, but still saw no reason for it to be locked, so I unlocked it. If I hear differently from Admin, I'll let you know. [8D]
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 3:37pm
Quoting Shorty- "Wow, this thread has gotten completely out of control. Am I the only one feeling disgusted at some of the responses here?"

I locked the post. The topic went from an FYI on an HOV/Slugging incident to agressive banter that was not needed.

This is a shared system folks. Most of us were raised with manners, it's time to start using them.

XOXO- sluggin' girl
ktzmom13 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktzmom13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 10:37am
Actually, the thread got to the point where more useful information was obtained from news feeds on the internet. Aside from the rude comments (which seem to pervade this message board), the rider got his story out and we were made aware of a horrible incident that should never have happened. Hopefully, the man who was struck is okay and the driver will face the consequences.
rosslynguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosslynguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2010 at 11:09am
According to the VA Courts Case Information web site: http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts the preliminary hearing has been moved from Dec 6, 2010, to Jan 27, 2011, 11:30 am, Arlington County courtroom 3B. If you wish to follow this case navigate to ARLINGTON COUNTY and do a search for "McKinney, Gene"

Will be interesting to hear what the driver, victim, witnesses and police have to say about this incident!

AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2010 at 5:09pm
I had wanted to say, a while back, before the thread was locked, and while Mr. McKinney was being hung, drawn and quartered without benefit of a trial, that the possible alternative scenario might have occurred, and we should all keep an open mind. Imagine, if you will, a trip where the occupants of the car had not had the greatest trip and all moods were sour and no one was saying "have a nice day" and being polite upon exiting the vehicle, that the driver pulls over, the occupants get out, the driver is looking in his driver side mirror or over his left shoulder for the traffic, he hears what he thinks are two doors slamming shut - after all, that's what people do when they get out of a car; he sees a break in traffic, he pulls out into traffic and hits a man standing, unexpectedly, in front of his car. Even the original poster stated that the driver looked shocked. So, I wait for the hearings. It will be interesting to see where this goes.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 8:35am
Mr. AngloAustrian:

I'm not sure how they do it over in Austria, but here in America we look in FRONT of our cars before driving. In the case of pulling out into traffic, you look forward, look back, and then use a combination of quick glances and your MIRRORS to find the gap in traffic.

There is ZERO excuse for hitting a stationary object such as a person standing in front of your car.
-Ice on the ground and you tried to stop but slid? No excuse.
-Brakes failed or steering wheel came off and you couldn't control the car? No excuse.
-Had a heart attack or seizure and blacked out behind the wheel? No excuse.

You are responsible for the safe operation of your motor vehicle. This is an agreement you signed at the DMV when you earned the PRIVILEGE of getting a driver's license.

Safe operation includes insuring all components of the vehicle are in sound mechanical operation. That includes the driver... Just as you wouldn't use brakes that were not working correctly. If the driver has any sort of defect, either health related difficulties or the inability to control their emotions as Mr. McKinney demonstrated, then they SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING.

No doubt this guy can afford a good lawyer and our justice system is a complete piece of ****. so he probably won't get the penalty I think he should get. (Death for attempted murder.) But he should damn well be banished to riding the bus for the rest of his miserable life.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
AngloAustrian View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 10:16am
So no one makes mistakes in America? Wow, you're pretty intense. Hope you're not a parent or a boss. The death penalty?!!!
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 9:31am
quote:
Originally posted by Pele
There is ZERO excuse for hitting a stationary object such as a person standing in front of your car.
-Brakes failed or steering wheel came off and you couldn't control the car? No excuse.

Some guy deliberately jumps out in front of you while pointing an unknown object at you? Possibly an excuse.
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 2:10pm
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt

quote:
Originally posted by Pele

Some guy deliberately jumps out in front of you while pointing an unknown object at you? Possibly an excuse.

People's stance when firing a gun and taking a picture are vastly different. Something that one might know as Master Sargent or whatever his rank is/was...

quote:
Originally posted by AngloAustrian

So no one makes mistakes in America? Wow, you're pretty intense. Hope you're not a parent or a boss. The death penalty?!!!

Whoops, accidentally shot someone... Guess I should get a mulligan since it was a mistake.

-------------------------
Times to beat:
Horner Rd to/from Pentagon: 12 mins Without Slugs - 17 mins With slugs
Dale City exit to/from 3rd St Tunnel, D.C. 18 mins (No slugs - Holiday)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic