Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Striped lines and crazy morning people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2004 at 2:24pm
I agree. I am one the folks who come in to Horner from Fredericksburg. I live very close to the Rt. 3 lot; however, because the slug system is not well-defined (or convenient - I will not go to the Pentagon in the evenings to get back to the lot), I go up to Horner. I really dislike Horner, but it's got the best system going for me, except for Hechinger's, which is farther away.

quote:
Originally posted by ronin718
[br]Perhaps there's more than one answer here. Horner Rd. is popular because of the slug infrastructure. Rather than just expand the parking (which would mean reducing parking initially for the construction), how about expansion into other areas:

1. As was previously mentioned, maybe a slug zone at Rt. 123.
2. Build P&R lots at locations further south with access to the HOV lanes, and institute slug zones at these locations. This would benefit folks who come all the way to Horner for the ride.

Anyone care to add to the list?

emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2004 at 3:21pm
Mirangus, the line for 123 is located on 14th and New York Av.
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2004 at 3:58pm

I'm in my second dream at 6 AM. Come on now. Most people work day don't start until 8:30. Why do I need to be in the parking lot at 6 AM if I don't need to be at work until 8:30. Get real here. my day starts at 8:30 to 5:00 . not 6 AM to 5. Don't love my job that much to give them a extra 2 hours of my life.

I suppose then you just have to deal with the left over parking spots then dont you?
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 9:13am
I got to Horner around 8am this morning (Friday), and found plenty of parking spots. I'm glad I didn't have to park on a stripe today. :-)
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 9:28am
tdar-if I read your suggestion correctly, you were suggesting above that those who show up to the lot late and cannot find parking should pick up slugs instead. Where are those slugs that you're supposed to pick up going to park? If no one can park, no one can ride. I understand what you were saying, but it's a logistic impossibility. Unless I mistook you, then never mind me! Sounds to me like the only real solution is to bug the snot out of the folks responsible for building the commuter lots and get them to expand the lot. Good luck to y'all...
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 10:03am
Here is one for ya....Get to the lot about 30 minutes earlier....[:)]

NWA huh?? That is a bit old school.

Originally posted by avalanche22
[br]All I can say this morning (6/2/04) is that I'm parked in the striped line. I got to the parking lot at 7:25 and yes the parking spaces already at 7:15 where gone. Come on now. Where do you expect people that get to the slug lot after 7:30 to park? Anyone that has a problem with it would say go to another lot. But are you going to be the one giving me a ride back home? Are you going to be the one giving me a ride to work? I think not.

Now I'm open to suggestions but they have to be reasonable.

shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 10:30am
Dhacim, this has already been covered.. you get there earlier, but there are still not enough parking spots for everyone who get there after you.

Say, a lot of us try to get there at 6am, and the lot is full by 7am. What about those who show up afterwards? Where will they park. Getting there earlier will not solve the problem of no parking spaces for those who can't get there earlier for a variety of reasons.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 11:19am
Ronin,

Thanks for explanation on the markings

Cheers,

Glacier
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 11:39am
Shahed,

I realise we are in different lots...but...should the counties of Prince William and Stafford donate endless amount of space so that everybody can have a parking spot...No...that's ridiculous...I personally have no problem with anybody parking on the striped lines, what blows my mind is that most of the time the striped line spots in the back of the 610 lot have people parked in them when 2 spots closer is an empty spot....I don't get the logic....

All's I'm saying is this...If you know everyday that a lot is going to get full at a certain time, then you should get there before that time....Simple right....Guess what, if you can't get there on that time, I don't give a hoot where ya park. But avalanche22 wanted a simple solution....I provided that.... Another option is to drive that day, and pick up the slug, rather than be the slug...

Again, no angst, feel free to park in the striped spot....

Also, as nice as it sounds that you are concerned about the people after you not getting a spot....In the most unselfish manner possible, its not really your problem...and I mean that in the nicest way possible...
slugguru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 11:42am
The County or whomever controls the lots has not done enough 4 the community......Extending the Horner lot a while back helped out, but adding so many new housing communites was a disaster(for the lot)waiting to happen......Until they can serve us better and build another convenient lot like Horner, go to Potomac Mills!!!!there is plenty of parking..... Its not as bad as u think.......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic