Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Striped lines and crazy morning people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 11:51am
quote:
Originally posted by shahedC
[br]I got to Horner around 8am this morning (Friday), and found plenty of parking spots. I'm glad I didn't have to park on a stripe today. :-)

Fridays are always like that ShahedC. Don't get to excited. [;)]
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 11:53am
I know. But you gotta make the best of what you can get. [:D]
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 12:01pm
quote:
Originally posted by slugguru
[br]The County or whomever controls the lots has not done enough 4 the community......Extending the Horner lot a while back helped out, but adding so many new housing communites was a disaster(for the lot)waiting to happen......Until they can serve us better and build another convenient lot like Horner, go to Potomac Mills!!!!there is plenty of parking..... Its not as bad as u think.......

Slugguru, parking in Potomac Mills would not be a problem in the mornings. The problem many of us see is on our way back home since a few riders go there in the afternoons.
slugguru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 12:18pm
I think more people should think about taking folks to Potomac in the evenings.I used to pick up for Horner only in the evenings...........but now i take either........and actually it's doesn't add hardly any xtra time to my commute like i used to think it would ...
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
[br]
quote:
[br]The County or whomever controls the lots has not done enough 4 the community......Extending the Horner lot a while back helped out, but adding so many new housing communites was a disaster(for the lot)waiting to happen......Until they can serve us better and build another convenient lot like Horner, go to Potomac Mills!!!!there is plenty of parking..... Its not as bad as u think.......

Slugguru, parking in Potomac Mills would not be a problem in the mornings. The problem many of us see is on our way back home since a few riders go there in the afternoons.

slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 12:45pm
For the Record....If I see 2 Potomac Folks and about 8 Horners, I will always opt to take Potomac, cause I know you guys tend to get slighted in the evenings. [:(]
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 2:12pm
For me, it's a nice safety net to park in Horner knowing I can take the PRTC bus from the Pentagon after the sluglines dry up at 6pm.

Cheers,

Glacier
churchlady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote churchlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 2:49pm
Folks don't want to park at Potomac Mills because there are not enough return rides home and they don't want to risk getting stuck. Maybe a solution might be for PRTC to run a late bus to slug destinations like Potomac Mills and the 123 lot. Once folks know that they will not get stuck, it could generate enough usage to take the pressure off Horner Rd.It could be a win-win for PRTC and the slug community.
Another possible solution could be to move the Tacketts line at the Pentagon closer to the Horner line. Many of us might be willing to go to Tacketts via Horner if we could easily get the passengers.
slugguru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 2:54pm
Good Ideas!
quote:
Originally posted by churchlady
[br]Folks don't want to park at Potomac Mills because there are not enough return rides home and they don't want to risk getting stuck. Maybe a solution might be for PRTC to run a late bus to slug destinations like Potomac Mills and the 123 lot. Once folks know that they will not get stuck, it could generate enough usage to take the pressure off Horner Rd.It could be a win-win for PRTC and the slug community.
Another possible solution could be to move the Tacketts line at the Pentagon closer to the Horner line. Many of us might be willing to go to Tacketts via Horner if we could easily get the passengers.

JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 9:24pm
quote:
Originally posted by churchlady
[br]Folks don't want to park at Potomac Mills because there are not enough return rides home and they don't want to risk getting stuck. Maybe a solution might be for PRTC to run a late bus to slug destinations like Potomac Mills and the 123 lot. Once folks know that they will not get stuck, it could generate enough usage to take the pressure off Horner Rd.It could be a win-win for PRTC and the slug community.

How late do you want to leave? The last Lake Ridge PRTC (OmniRide) bus on the schedule leaves CC at 6:41 and the Pentagon at 6:50 (assuming heavy inbound traffic doesn't delay the bus getting to the start of its route). It has stops at the Rt. 123 lot and at Tackett's Mill. The last Dale City bus leaves CC at 6:19 and the Pentagon at 6:28, with the same assumption as above. It has stops at Horner and at Potomac Mills. (www.prtctransit.org)

As for the location of the Tackett's line, when I pick up Tackett's slugs, I usually let them know I go to there by way of Horner to avoid Old Bridge Road traffic. It's less stressful for me as a driver.[:)]
FromWoodbridge View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FromWoodbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 11:39pm
I have to disagree that the county hasn't done enough for sluggers. The fact that we have a FREE system to park and ride or drive in shows the county HAS done a lot. There's only so much they can do, and it costs money to extend lots or build new ones, and if you expect them to pay for new lots, then you need to expect to pay for them.

And honestly at Horner Rd, I rarely see people get tickets for parking in striped areas, so all in all, it seems like the police leave sluggers alone for the most part. [:D]

In that sense, we should be very happy and pleased that we have the best commuting system that I can think of. And that is including the rude cell phone talkers, the "offensive" radio stations, the long lines at times, and the "Do Not Ride With" list. [8D]

quote:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic