Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Striped lines and crazy morning people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2004 at 9:25am
KaTaNa - where do you leave from in the evenings? I've been slugging from the Commerce Building (around 14th and Penn) for a year, and I've only seen drivers say Potomac Mills maybe 3 times in that year.

quote:
Originally posted by KaTaNa
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by churchlady
[br]Folks don't want to park at Potomac Mills because there are not enough return rides home and they don't want to risk getting stuck. Maybe a solution might be for PRTC to run a late bus to slug destinations like Potomac Mills and the 123 lot. Once folks know that they will not get stuck, it could generate enough usage to take the pressure off Horner Rd.It could be a win-win for PRTC and the slug community.
Another possible solution could be to move the Tacketts line at the Pentagon closer to the Horner line. Many of us might be willing to go to Tacketts via Horner if we could easily get the passengers.

I've NEVER gotten stuck trying to slug back to Potomac Mills, but I guess that all depends how late you're trying to go home too. This is a viscious circle for PM. If more people were to commit to it, then it wouldn't be a problem. But, how to do that is the REAL question...*SIGH*

tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 9:36am
I agree with woodbridge about the State doing a lot for slugging. Its the only area I know that does not charge for the parking. The VRE lots are free but you more than make up for it when you buy a train ticket and the prices are going up again.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2004 at 5:40pm
It's been a week now, and I've been parking in real parking spots.
(I hope i can keep this up :) )

in the meantime, I've spoken to various people on this topic, and everyone (whom I talked to) agreed that if there were no spots, they would feel that it's ok to park in the striped zones or along the curbs.

one of them did pick up 2 slugs from the line, but keep in mind that these slugs probably did not park in a proper spot themselves, if they just got there. Also, if everyone did this after the spots filled up, there would be a long line of cars, and no slugs to pick up. Think about it. :)
VABARBIE22 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VABARBIE22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2004 at 8:00am
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2004 at 8:03am
quote:
Originally posted by VABARBIE22
[br]. . . to park on strip areas . . .

Strip areas? Are these good-looking ladies who are doing the stripping? I may have to start going to Horner Road!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VABARBIE22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2004 at 8:25am
fhsdjk
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2004 at 8:28am
that would explain the high occupancy...
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2004 at 10:32am
I resisted the temptation to make a pun on the name "Horner Road" [:p]
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2004 at 10:42am
lol, it must be Friday
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VABARBIE22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2004 at 3:27pm
dsvc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic