Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Striped lines and crazy morning people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2004 at 8:56am
Well, it finally happened.

I got a ticket yesterday.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to get up earlier now, to get a real parking spot. :-)

I feel for the latecomers though... there will always be latecomers every day, and they will get a ticket sooner or later.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2004 at 10:39am
Was it because you were parked in a striped area or a sign-posted no-parking area?
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2004 at 10:41am
It was a striped area with no signs posted. The stripes imply that it is a no parking zone.

It seemed like everyone got a ticket at Horner yesterday.
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2004 at 10:54am
Take a look at the Date..........it's the last 10 days of the month. You know how the trend goes...even though "they" won't admit it. I'm always cautious from the 20th til the end of each month.[;)]
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2004 at 11:04am
yeah, i figured they won't do it every day, but I still won't take any more chances. It's not worth it.

I need to be at work on time anyway. So I should use this as an excuse to get to work on time. :-)
no_more_metro View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no_more_metro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2004 at 3:23pm
I got a ticket, too :(

It was the first time I had ever parked on striped lines, but I thought it was acceptable since everyone and their mother does it. Is it also illegal to park along the curbs where everyone parks?
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2004 at 3:45pm
I think all unmarked curb spots and striped spots are illegal. But this seems a little ridiculous since there will be these illegal parkers every single day, in huge numbers. They will get randomly ticketed one or more times a month.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2004 at 4:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]Take a look at the Date..........it's the last 10 days of the month. You know how the trend goes...even though "they" won't admit it. I'm always cautious from the 20th til the end of each month.[;)]

Do you really think they look at dates? I mean, why? If they are trying to reach a quota, why wouldn't they try to exceed the quota and write tickets at any time during the month? I've always heard that law enforecement ticket more at certain times, but it doesn't make sense to me.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2004 at 4:33pm
Because writing tickets at any time of the month will require more work, and exceeding quotas may result in more complaints about lack of parking spots, which again results in more work.

For myself, the solution is simple, I just have to get to the lot by 7:15, which will get me a real parking spot and also get me to work on time.

How about those of you have to get to the lot after 7:45? What do you plan to do?
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2004 at 4:42pm
One day....Just one day in that Horner Road lot could fill many quotas towards the end of the month (for them)....but.....this is pure speculation. Oh......btw....for those who watched that new show last night THEM....it's not the same...lol [:D]

quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]Take a look at the Date..........it's the last 10 days of the month. You know how the trend goes...even though "they" won't admit it. I'm always cautious from the 20th til the end of each month.[;)]

Do you really think they look at dates? I mean, why? If they are trying to reach a quota, why wouldn't they try to exceed the quota and write tickets at any time during the month? I've always heard that law enforecement ticket more at certain times, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic