Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Striped lines and crazy morning people

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2004 at 6:52pm
For all of you complaining about the cars parked in the stripped lines, I'd like to tell you that I park in the same stripped parking space every single day.

When I get to the lot in the morning all parking spaces are occupied; therefore, I have no choice but to violate parking regulations.

Please don't respond by saying that I should get there earlier, if we all do that, we'd have the same problem.

Until we find a solution I thank you all for allowing me to have a designated-undesignated parking space!

ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 11:52am
quote:
Originally posted by Sluggrl
[br]For all of you complaining about the cars parked in the stripped lines, I'd like to tell you that I park in the same stripped parking space every single day.

When I get to the lot in the morning all parking spaces are occupied; therefore, I have no choice but to violate parking regulations.

Please don't respond by saying that I should get there earlier, if we all do that, we'd have the same problem.

Until we find a solution I thank you all for allowing me to have a designated-undesignated parking space!

And may you just as cheekily enjoy the occasional enforcement when it comes around. I'm sure the stripes are there for some reason other than to inconvenience the law-abiding.
pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 1:40pm
I also hope that you enjoy your ticket when you get one
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 1:46pm
well... i started this thread.. and i gotta say... i did not enjoy my ticket! no matter how crowded it gets, i always continue to park in the last lot near Telegraph, and always get a spot.

i still don't have anything against Sluggrl though... if all the spots are taken, where will you park? If all striped parkers were to park in the far lot, I would have no more parking spots to park in...

shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 2:29pm
Really... but how would I get a ride back home?.. I work at 21st and K.

I usually catch a ride using an email list on our block, or I walk to Foggy Bottom, ride Metro to Rosslyn, and catch a ride there. At Rosslyn, rides to Tackets are scarce

I guess it's just easier to park in far lot at Horner, and walk a few extra steps.. I get 2 minutes of exercise, and no parking tickets, :-)
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 3:41pm
Tacketts is hard to get to if you aren't at the Pentagon. You could take the Metro to the Pentagon and catch a ride to Tacketts from there. That's a sure bet![:p]
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 3:52pm
I guess no one thought how popular Horner Rd was going to be. Of course there are more options than parking at Horner Rd. However, it might not be as convenient for most of us.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 4:06pm
Yeah, it could be worse. We've got plenty of parking at Herndon-Monroe, plenty of slugs, but no drivers. Oh yeah, and one HOV lane. But we're still trying to slug....... [8D]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic