Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cell Phone Users

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elypsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 8:57am
The radio trick doesn't work all the time :) I was slugging the other day with the lady next to me gabbing on the phone. I noticed the driver starting to turn up the radio at times (so she talked louder). Eventually she said "Hold on a sec... excuse me? Can you turn down the radio? I'm trying to talk here!" [:0]

I decided to tune out what I could from the argument that proceded. [:)]
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 9:02am
Oh, I wish you hadn't tuned out. It would be good to know how other drivers handle incredibly rude cellheads.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 11:27am
Yeh, I wish you hadn't tuned out. It would have been interesting to know how the driver handled that situation. Obviously the lady didn't know the protocol!
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 12:53pm
How 'bout a sign mounted prominently on the dash showing the outline of a cell phone inside a red circle with a line through it? I think I've actually seen such placards.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 4:40pm
This one time I drove to Rosslyn, one of the slugs started a phone conversation. I did the radio trick and it did work. Or at least I couldn't hear her conversation from the back. It didn't stop her since she covered her ear with her finger.
I was hoping she mentioned something about turning down the volume but it didn't happen.
Mrs. S View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2004 at 1:42pm
I drove a husband and wife to Horner Rd. several weeks ago and BOTH of them were on the phone having loud conversations ALL THE WAY HOME [:(!]. I turned up the radio several times to no avail. They knew that I was annoyed because when they got out of the car (dragging their wheeled luggage!) they both appologized for their cell phone usage. What I don't understand is, if they knew that I was annoyed, why didn't they get off the phone???

Mrs. S
spolastre View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spolastre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 11:08am
quote:
Originally posted by FromWoodbridge
[br]I'd love to turn up the radio (especially somethign "offensive"!), but I'd hate to be a pest to the other rider.

I did however comment on a conversation one time as a slugger. I had this girl who was, like, so like happy with her new, like boyfriend, ya know. And like, .... etc. I did comment on the restaraunt choice. She told her friend I was eavesdropping and hung up. Couldn't help it. The conversation was like, way too interesting!

You were eavesdropping? hahahaha........I guess the girl thought that she was in her own little world, instead of in someone else's car.

I just don't get why people have to stay on the phone. I rode with this guy that was on the phone the entire time from Pentagon to Stafford. He got off the phone with his girlfriend, and started fidgeting and had to call his friend to bitch about his girlfriend. By doing all this, he missed our exit.
spolastre View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spolastre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 11:11am
quote:
Originally posted by elypsis
[br]The radio trick doesn't work all the time :) I was slugging the other day with the lady next to me gabbing on the phone. I noticed the driver starting to turn up the radio at times (so she talked louder). Eventually she said "Hold on a sec... excuse me? Can you turn down the radio? I'm trying to talk here!" [:0]

I decided to tune out what I could from the argument that proceded. [:)]

Some people lack intelligence.
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 3:25pm
quote:
Originally posted by spolastre
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by FromWoodbridge
[br]I'd love to turn up the radio (especially somethign "offensive"!), but I'd hate to be a pest to the other rider.

I did however comment on a conversation one time as a slugger. I had this girl who was, like, so like happy with her new, like boyfriend, ya know. And like, .... etc. I did comment on the restaraunt choice. She told her friend I was eavesdropping and hung up. Couldn't help it. The conversation was like, way too interesting!

Slug topics never change

You were eavesdropping? hahahaha........I guess the girl thought that she was in her own little world, instead of in someone else's car.

I just don't get why people have to stay on the phone. I rode with this guy that was on the phone the entire time from Pentagon to Stafford. He got off the phone with his girlfriend, and started fidgeting and had to call his friend to bitch about his girlfriend. By doing all this, he missed our exit.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic