Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cell Phone Users

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSMITH4780 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cell Phone Users
    Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 11:26am
WoW - I never could understand why all the complaints about people using there cell phones on the ride in/home.....until yesterday that is. How can people be so rude?

It's one thing to make that short - "I'll be there in 10 minutes" or take that short "your lunch money in on the counter" - but do people really need to spend 45 minutes on a "very personal" (at points she even whispered - private stuff) phone call with two strangers being forced to listen?

I'm not sure how to handle this in the future.....but I do know that I do not want to have another trip listening to another call like that!!!
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 12:18pm
quote:
Originally posted by PSMITH4780
[br]WoW - I never could understand why all the complaints about people using there cell phones on the ride in/home.....until yesterday that is. How can people be so rude?

It's one thing to make that short - "I'll be there in 10 minutes" or take that short "your lunch money in on the counter" - but do people really need to spend 45 minutes on a "very personal" (at points she even whispered - private stuff) phone call with two strangers being forced to listen?

I'm not sure how to handle this in the future.....but I do know that I do not want to have another trip listening to another call like that!!!

Well, here's one solution, though it might be a bit expensive...

http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/Personal.htm [;)]

- Will
PSMITH4780 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSMITH4780 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 12:35pm
AHHHHHH yes perfect!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Will!!!! And the greatest part - they'll never know :)
avalanche22 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalanche22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 12:40pm
wdossel
Cell phone jammers.. lol.... I just tone them out before I spend my money on that.

Cell Phone Jammer $169.99
Tone them out Free
Tell Slug-line.com about there personal conversation. Priceless.
Subaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 1:38pm
Actually thats 169 Pounds. So almost $300. I think ill keep the $300 in my pocket [;)]
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 2:02pm
I've done this in the past: when someone is holding an "unnecessary", over 5 minute call in my car....I'll inch the radio up every 30 secs or so, until the get the hint that "I do not want to listen to your conversation." - try it....I do believe it works in "most" cases. [:D]
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 2:26pm
Or....You could just turn around and ask them to stop talking on the cell phone in your car....That's just me...

If you yourself are riding, well, you get what you pay for...
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 3:01pm
Rear heat to full hot, open windows to full, radio fade to rear speaker with volume at max. If that doesn't work, givem a quarter to buy a clue.

Cheers,

Glacier
aceofspade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aceofspade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 3:08pm
Although oblivious talkers are aggravating, turning up the radio to "hint" has never been particularly polite in its own right.

If you're the driver, Dhacim offers a good solution, just ask them politely to stop. It is a distraction to you as the driver, so you could mention that passenger safety is your primary concern. Really, how can they argue with that? :-)

Now, it would have been really funny if you'd yelled, "bye! hope that infection clears up!" - or whatever her personal issue was - when she got out of the car...

ha ha ha, it's tough to be polite sometimes.
FromWoodbridge View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FromWoodbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 3:29pm
I'd love to turn up the radio (especially somethign "offensive"!), but I'd hate to be a pest to the other rider.

I did however comment on a conversation one time as a slugger. I had this girl who was, like, so like happy with her new, like boyfriend, ya know. And like, .... etc. I did comment on the restaraunt choice. She told her friend I was eavesdropping and hung up. Couldn't help it. The conversation was like, way too interesting!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic