Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Take Three" Etiquette

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Take Three" Etiquette
    Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 7:41am
You're getting a free ride, a nap, time to read, etc.

Yelling at the driver, walking up and opening the door to ask if he or she will take 3 is plain rude.

It bugs me when the person in front takes 3, leaves one, and I have to wait.
werlau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote werlau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2005 at 7:23pm
It was mentioned previously that taking 3 slugs "upsets the balance" and leaves less riders for drivers later on. However, I have noticed that many drivers to/from Springfield/Pentagon routinely take a extra passengers both in the morning and afternoon. Wouldn't the balance still be the same in this case? And in many lines, the distribution of cars going to each lot is not equal. In the Springfield line at the Pentagon, it is a rare occasion to see a car asking for Daventry--thus can you blame the slugs in line for asking for a third rider? They shouldn't have to wait 20 minutes for a willing driver just to keep the balance for drivers that are leaving later on. Slugs don't know where the next car(s) is going and we want to get home just as quickly as the driver!
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2005 at 7:36am
This should answer your question
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 7:46am
quote:
Originally posted by pb1974
[br]I'm sure she was late, too, va, but that's no excuse. I was running late also. But as the woman behind me said to me, if you're going to get that upset, get there earlier.

That's right, it's no excuse at all. This is the kind of rider who will talk on their cell phones all the way in or all the way home not to mention yelling at other slugs to get her a ride. Maybe she should be appointed to stand in front and yell "all aboard" when cars drive up.
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 4:43pm
Okay, I can see the point. [8)]
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 4:27pm
Slugbug,

It is 100%; it promotes anarchy in the line. If someone is that late, ask to move up. Yes, you may be told no, but its better than being RUDE. If I have to explain the anarchy bit, I will later, but most can see what would happen if it was an accepted practice.

Cheers,

Glacier
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 3:16pm
In my opinion, of course they're wrong - who was in line first?

As far as your comment "someone who is ready to go", if you're in line, you're ready to go. Maybe the 3rd person saw the car was full, there was a child seat, whatever. People in back just need to be patient - their time will come.
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 3:07pm
Well my question would be.....was the "asker" 100% wrong? A driver pulls up, gets two riders....the line is long or time is running short, etc......the driver nor the next person in line initiates the asking, so someone who is ready to go, further back in line, ask for his/her own gain. Are they completely wrong? Just curious, cause i've seen it happen before myself.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 2:08pm
Yesterday PM, this lady, 2 spots behind me, tried to cut in front. What is wrong with these people?

Besides telling her that I and someone else in front of her were waiting for a ride to the same location, I gave her a really mean "evil eye". Not sure she got it, but I'm prepared if I see her do it again...
Rosebud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 5:24pm
The other day as I was pulling up to the slug at Horner, a lady in line yelled "will you take a third". I said "yes" and she immediately ran to the car and jumped in. Problem was there was about 25 people in front of her going to the same place. The slugs in line started heckling and the woman, obviously insenstive to it all remarked "I did the asking, not them". As a driver, I guess I could of asked her to get out of the car. I didn't because my role is to drive, not police the line.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic