Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EEO and HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2004 at 12:39pm
quote:
Originally posted by glacier
[br]It should be. This thread is a perfect example of what happens when you argue with a fool: you accomplish nothing and one gets snared in the folly of the.......

Cheers,

Glacier

Calling someone a "fool" is not going to change a thing, but keep 'em coming...

Live Long and Prosper
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2004 at 4:52pm
quote:

Anyway-Why do wish to have "the last word"-is this an ego thng now?

Nope, but you proved my point. [:D] Thank you.

quote:

Be gone from this thread and post no more...

[:D] And now the queen desires to banish me from her kingdom. I'm ROTFL!!! [:p] I'll still be checking out the thread, but I'll try to refrain from responding to YOUR posts. I'll also try to refrain from responding to anyone else's posts that might regard you. Sound fair? Sooooooo, by your leave......
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2004 at 4:57pm
Ronin.......LOL, LOL, you crack me up!!!!!!! [:p]

quote:
Originally posted by ronin718
[br]
quote:

Nope, but you proved my point. [:D] Thank you.

quote:

[:D] And now the queen desires to banish me from her kingdom. I'm ROTFL!!! [:p] I'll still be checking out the thread, but I'll try to refrain from responding to YOUR posts. I'll also try to refrain from responding to anyone else's posts that might regard you. Sound fair? Sooooooo, by your leave......

mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2004 at 5:00pm
quote:
Originally posted by Uhura
[br]
quote:
[br]If there's one thing I've noticed on this thread and the "Do-Not-Ride-With List" thread, it's that you will NOT get the last word with the originator of this thread. Any comment that can be construed as an insult, or opinions in opposition to the originator's, will only invite further discussion. The only way this thread will die is if no further messages are posted.

Uhura, I invite you to prove me wrong......

I have a comment. There have been many angry replies and cyber attacks to include name-calling. Name calling IS an attempt to insult someone.

I think we should just let it go.

Live Long and Prosper

I'm still completely offended that you called me and many others in here a bigot. You didn't say the word, but your intentions were clear. If you can't take it, don't dish it out, especially first. You rolled out first with the insults, now you can sit back and enjoy what you created. You don't want to be insulted, don't insult others. You want to post your opinion? Fine. Just know that it is only fair to allow others to do the same without your condemnation. I only see one individual posting here who has the appearance of being closed-minded. (I am not CALLING you closed-minded, I'm pointing out that there is the APPEARANCE of closed-mindedness).

You want to sit here and claim "oppression" because a whole bunch of people are stomping on your views. Could it be, quite possibly, that you are wrong? Until you examine that avenue, you are not going to get a whole lot of respect here. You posted an observation. Many people responded and said that that is not the case. You heard it from the horse's mouth. They weren't "opposing view points," they were stated facts as told by the participants themselves. After receiving that kind of feedback, it would be reasonable, and expected, to let the subject go.

And take this for what it's worth, it is my observation that you do spend a lot of time trying to get in the last word. It looks pretty ignorant. (No, I'm am not CALLING you ignorant, I'm saying it LOOKS ignorant).

I have made this post as achingly PC as I possibly could, stating facts and without bias. Please finish arguing with everyone here. We are not out to oppress you, I assure you. We're just trying to get home.

The sky is blue.
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2004 at 5:05pm
For all the Church Folks.........CAN I GET AN "AMEN"! FOR THE WELL PUT STATEMENT FROM MIRANGUS!!!!! [:)]

quote:
Originally posted by mirangus
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
[br]If there's one thing I've noticed on this thread and the "Do-Not-Ride-With List" thread, it's that you will NOT get the last word with the originator of this thread. Any comment that can be construed as an insult, or opinions in opposition to the originator's, will only invite further discussion. The only way this thread will die is if no further messages are posted.

I have a comment. There have been many angry replies and cyber attacks to include name-calling. Name calling IS an attempt to insult someone.

Live Long and Prosper

I'm still completely offended that you called me and many others in here a bigot. You didn't say the word, but your intentions were clear. If you can't take it, don't dish it out, especially first. You rolled out first with the insults, now you can sit back and enjoy what you created. You don't want to be insulted, don't insult others. You want to post your opinion? Fine. Just know that it is only fair to allow others to do the same without your condemnation. I only see one individual posting here who has the appearance of being closed-minded. (I am not CALLING you closed-minded, I'm pointing out that there is the APPEARANCE of closed-mindedness).

You want to sit here and claim "oppression" because a whole bunch of people are stomping on your views. Could it be, quite possibly, that you are wrong? Until you examine that avenue, you are not going to get a whole lot of respect here. You posted an observation. Many people responded and said that that is not the case. You heard it from the horse's mouth. They weren't "opposing view points," they were stated facts as told by the participants themselves. After receiving that kind of feedback, it would be reasonable, and expected, to let the subject go.

And take this for what it's worth, it is my observation that you do spend a lot of time trying to get in the last word. It looks pretty ignorant. (No, I'm am not CALLING you ignorant, I'm saying it LOOKS ignorant).

I have made this post as achingly PC as I possibly could, stating facts and without bias. Please finish arguing with everyone here. We are not out to oppress you, I assure you. We're just trying to get home.

The sky is blue.

Johnny Cakes View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Cakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2004 at 8:08pm
For the love of god, where is the moderator! 90% of these posts should be deleted.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2004 at 8:52am
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Cakes
[br]For the love of god, where is the moderator! 90% of these posts should be deleted.

Oh, but Johnny Cakes, we're having soooooooo much fun!!! [8D] Part of having a good personal psyche is the ability to laugh at one's self. [:o)] From some of these posts, it would appear I'm not the only one laughing.

While I'm sure the original intention of these forums was for the exchange of information, they also seem to serve as a sounding board, a way to vent, and a way to poke a little fun at the system. Better to blow off the steam here than on the road.

And, yes, I agree that a goodly number of the posts in this thread were fairly assinine, including some of mine. But didn't at least one give you cause to think? To smile? Maybe even laugh?
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2004 at 10:20am
It caused me to think on page 1, smile on page, 2, and laugh on page 3. However, by page 4, i'm ready to say: don't go away mad, just go away to the original post.

But, it has been fun to read.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2004 at 12:08pm
quote:
Originally posted by mirangus
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:

Live Long and Prosper

The sky is blue.

Mirangus, thanks for sharing your opinion.

My intent was not to offend anyone nor was it to "call" anyone a bigot. If I wanted to label someone as a bigot, I would do it. There are little to no repercussions in cyberspace.

My intent was to ask a question-that's it. This got way bigger than it needed to. Why is that? It seems to me that certain people took offense to my question because deep down they KNOW that it applied to them. Think about it--Ridiculous assertions receive little to no reactions.

For example, if someone called you a "pink elephant" you might look at him or her quizzically (if you even bothered to acknowledge what they said), but you would probably not get insulted, go to DEFCON 5, and launch a vehement protest because you know full well that you are NOT a pink elephant. This is just the opposite of what happened here!

BTW-I do not "spend a lot of time trying to get the last word." Check the numbers, my friend: I am an "average" member. I don?t post any more than anyone else. And I will continue to respond when I feel compelled to-even if the bandwagon calls me "ignorant" or a "troll."

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2004 at 12:09pm
quote:
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Cakes
[br]For the love of god, where is the moderator! 90% of these posts should be deleted.

Oh, but Johnny Cakes, we're having soooooooo much fun!!! [8D] Part of having a good personal psyche is the ability to laugh at one's self. [:o)] From some of these posts, it would appear I'm not the only one laughing.

While I'm sure the original intention of these forums was for the exchange of information, they also seem to serve as a sounding board, a way to vent, and a way to poke a little fun at the system. Better to blow off the steam here than on the road.

And, yes, I agree that a goodly number of the posts in this thread were fairly assinine, including some of mine. But didn't at least one give you cause to think? To smile? Maybe even laugh?

I have to agree...

Live Long and Prosper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic