Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I Vent? I Hate HOV Violators

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I Vent? I Hate HOV Violators
    Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 7:26am
I guess I hate them so much because I follow the rules of the HOV System and have been picking up slug or slugging myself for about two years. When I see an HOV Violator I just wish I have a Rocket Launcher mounted to my roof, alittle self help justice. Like this morning I saw a Black Mercedes SLK-320 in the HOV Lanes. I just wanted to yell out the car window at him, “Hey buddy, your car is just a two seater! Your not even trying to follow the HOV rules.” Let me ask the group why do you hate HOV Violators so much.....
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 8:43am
I saw the exact same vehicle "Dog". He was definitely weaving in and out of traffic. I don't like it because they make it difficult for legal users. In other words, it would be much better if we weren't delayed so much. The majority of the delays are caused by cheaters of the system. The crack-down a couple of years ago hasn't done much good.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 9:04am
Although I do not hate cheaters nor let it ruin my day, I do crack a smile when I see one pulled over. It also puts a smile on my face when I see the police out in force to catch them.

Cheers,

Glacier
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 10:55am
I DISLIKE violaters...because a lot of times, they're so paranoid about being in HOV, that they drive slow and hold up the flow of traffic.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 11:24am
The unfortunate thing is that they continue to enter the HOV lanes until they they caught. At least, that's what I heard from one of them. He was saying that he can get away from getting a ticket for as much as 8mos. He said it was worth the risk.?!
That doesn't make sense to me.
no_more_metro View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no_more_metro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 11:42am
Well, unfortunately, someone who can afford a black Mercedes 2-seater would think nothing of having to pay the $500 fine, many times if he had to.
ScarletLSG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletLSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 11:59am
I can't say that I HATE them ... but they do cause traffic to be slower ... MOSTLY because SOME end up being pulled over. This morning, there were SIX pulled over between Dale City and the Pentagon ... with the flashing police lights, everyone has to have a gawk.

ScarletLSG
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 12:06pm
quote:
Originally posted by no_more_metro
[br]Well, unfortunately, someone who can afford a black Mercedes 2-seater would think nothing of having to pay the $500 fine, many times if he had to.

That's true no_more_metro.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 12:07pm
I hate them. Maybe Dog and I can get a 2 for 1 special on the rocket launcher...?

Actually, they just annoy me. I see at as an arrogant flaunting of the rules. Particularly when so many of us "suck it up" and do abide by the rules. Which goes back to the reason I slug - out of all of the options that are available for legally using the HOV, slugging is the best.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2004 at 12:07pm
I hate them. Maybe Dog and I can get a 2 for 1 special on the rocket launcher...?

Actually, they just annoy me. I see at as an arrogant flaunting of the rules. Particularly when so many of us "suck it up" and do abide by the rules. Which goes back to the reason I slug - out of all of the options that are available for legally using the HOV, slugging is the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic