Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I Vent? I Hate HOV Violators

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 4:55am
quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue
[br]I agree with mirangus. It has to be something to get the violator's attention. These fines are too small to deter the person who "will just enter at any cost". Revoking licenses would be something to definitely get their attention.

Well, here's food for thought for all you Fairfax slugs. For the new law that passed this year the original bill would have started to assess points on the second HOV violation. I believe Delegate Dave Albo fought that and had it changed to the third offense.
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?041+sum+SB508
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?041+amd+SB508AH
The first link shows the originally presented legislation with 3 point on the second offense. The second link is Del. Albo's amendment.
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 3:20pm
Like I said before, the best thing we can do as slugs is let our voices be heard!! Whether it be to the state police about ticketing violators or to our Government about the laws. We have the numbers, we just need to band together and bombard them with our thoughts and possible solutions!!
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 7:26am
quote:
Originally posted by Wagonman
[br]JiggaJynx: New laws usually take effect in July.

Thanks, Wagonman. Maybe life in the "fast" lanes will get better when points are involved.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 7:33am
Something or someone must have mentioned violating HOV restrictions because this a.m. I noted the overhead message boards warned potential violators that they would be subject to tickets at 6 a.m. If this is effective, we probably won't see many violators in the future.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 8:04am
Was that notice on all the boards? At Springfield the board was off, so I didn't pay any more attention. If it was on all the boards, that's good, but I really don't think it will dissuade the habitual violators.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 9:00am
I think that was just a regular routine to display that message on the overhead boards. I've usually seen them once in a while.
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 9:21am
quote:
Originally posted by emancilla
[br]I think that was just a regular routine to display that message on the overhead boards. I've usually seen them once in a while.

True. The "Violators will be ticketed at 6:00 a.m." (or "at 3:30 p.m.") notice has been out awhile. I usually see those messages on the rare days I get into the HOV lanes before restrictions take effect.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 10:55am
Actually this was the first time I saw that particular message. It may have been there before, I just didn't see it. I hope they follow up on the message tho!
salsita View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 11:44am
I think what the sign is saying is that at 6am they will begin ticketing people even if they are on HOV prior to 6am. I remember the rule was if you were on HOV before 6am there was no ticket. Now it's regardless if you were on before or not. If you are on HOV at 6, you get a ticket.
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 12:17pm
wow 53 posts on 3 pages, I guess we all realy do hate HOV Violators!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic