Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt. 17 Slugs Going to L'Enfant Beware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rt. 17 Slugs Going to L'Enfant Beware
    Posted: 16 May 2002 at 7:28am
This morning I got into a green Ford Explorer (or something like it) that said they were going to L'Enfant Plaza, but when we got into the city they changed the destination and dropped me at Smithsonian. I'm not adverse to exercise, but if you're going to tell me L'Enfant, then take me there...not anywhere else. I'm not so disappointed because of what happened to me as I am for the poor soul back at Rt. 17 that was looking for a ride to Smithsonian and perhaps didn't get one. Drivers, be honest about your destination please!

Kevin O.
Par View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Par Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2002 at 7:42am
Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if it is the same vehicle that may vary his destinations, but not long ago I got a ride in a dark green SUV at Rt. 17 - a middle-aged man with a raspy voice was driving and he said "Pentagon." When we got to the Pentagon exit he announced that he would drop us at Pentagon City. He was quite insistent and he made that right onto Army Navy Drive and just dropped us in the middle of the street - not even at a light!!! We were actually closer to the Pentagon so we walked back there. Several months ago, someone warned us on this website of a dark green vehicle that did the same thing. Appreciate all warnings about such drivers.
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2002 at 3:03pm
Yesterday morning a fellow slug fell victim to the green SUV I described in my original message. I was at the front of the line and simply passed when they called out L'Enfant ...deciding that it was too early to get into an argument by announcing that they were indeed NOT going there...I let the poor soul get in, hoping that he too would be angry after his experience and spread the word. I guess it's a passive approach on my part to achieve the desired result...

Kevin O.
RM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2002 at 4:13pm
Don't beat yourself up about it. I know exactly what you are saying - and it is a difficult thing to do. We appreciate your warning us via this website.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic