Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sorry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VABARBIE22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sorry
    Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 8:48am
actually i am sorry folks, i didn't know everyone was still reading the old posts. i changed my comments and wrote in gibbirish because of personel reasons, i wanted to be cautious about internet use just be safe. So i kinda deleted all my comments, sorry!
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2004 at 9:08am
wow, the construction is finally over? :)

I think all other riders in that area will agree to have pickup points closer to their office.
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 9:19am
If you read the homepage of this website, you will see that the two-way traffic is only between 15th and 23rd Streets. This should not impact on the current stop where Crystal Drive turns into 12th Street. One of the reasons the current stop on 12th St works so well is because it is near the DoD and city bus stop in front of Crystal Gateway North. Many slugs from the south end of Crystal City take the bus and then make the short walk down to the line. There have been attempts to start a line near 21st St but it never took off.
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2004 at 9:27am
I think where it is now, works. It's a good location, and folks actually don't have to walk unless they want to - there is the Art Trolly (50 cents) - that you can catch all through CC and it will bring to directly to the Slug line. I think folks think the Art is complicated...I know I did, but I'm glad I found out how easy it works!!!
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 8:04am
You can also get a packet of 10 tokens at the commuter stores for the Art 90 bus which makes it 40 cents a ride. Granted it is costly just to go a few blocks (25 cents gets you from Springfield Mall to the metro!) but it's worth the ride if you're at the end of CC or on bad weather days cuz the underground route is too long of a walk to wind through the hallways. I keep the tokens with me and use them on heavy rainy days. I think sometimes you can throw a penny into the box and the driver won't notice the difference...it's a honor system.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 11:13am
va barbie, what is wrong with you???

:'}
pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 12:45pm
Why does the original post make NO SENSE and nobody except getmehomepweeze and myself seem to notice it? How do you all know how to respond to the original post?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 12:58pm
I guess there is a big group of us who didn't get the "secret decoder ring" in our last box of cereal!

Keep on sluggin'! [;)]
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 1:19pm
Something happened to all of VABarbie's posts after they were made to turn them all to gibberish. When first posted thay made sense. It was only later that they became unintelligible. I'm not even remotely a computer guy, but is there some virus or something that could cause one user's comments to become randomly generated letters?
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 1:35pm
You know I was wondering the same thing, especially after seeing 3 of the threads with gibberish yet there were sensible topics that followed. I thought being away from the boards I was missing out on something. Would be nice if we could just type letters and everyone knew what the topic meant and the thoughts conveyed.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic