Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fairfax Connector eliminating routes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fairfax Connector eliminating routes
    Posted: 23 Jun 2004 at 11:32am
Yesterday, the Connector handed out notices to riders that routes 383, 385, and 384 would all be eliminated starting in September. Supposedly, the local routes(running to the Springfield metro) that serve the areas will be improved and a new express route between the Franconia-Springfield Metro and the Pentagon Metro will be established. The express route 380 will run every 15 minutes during rush hour. Rush hour was not defined nor were the improvements to the local routes.
I personally think the people in charge of the Connector must be smoking something if they think copying a route already covered by metro is going to work. Who will ride the bus when it could get caught in a traffic jam when the metro already goes to the exact same place and is more reliable? Devoting this many buses to a route that copies metro service is foolish.
Another problem I see is that this undercuts a couple slug lines and commuter lots. For example, will people be as willing to slug or commute from the Sydenstricker lot to the Pentagon now that there won't be a single bus route connecting the two? Are people really going to want to ride the metro to Springfield and then take a local bus out to the lot?
I just thought I'd let people know. I don't understand why this notice wasn't posted on the Connector website yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic