Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sipping on the way....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 1:37pm
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]Is it inappropriate for a "slug" to get in a rider's car with a cup of coffee? I've always done it, until one day recently, it just hit me....that it could be rude!!!????? [:0]

As a slug / rider I would be afraid that it may spill. I would feel OK if it were water or some other drink that doesn't leave a stain ...What would you say if you accidentally spilled it? Just curious.

Also: Ths is like someone applying makeup in someone's car. I had to ask one woman to cease and desist. She had red lipstick, powder-the whole 9. If that stuff spilled it would be hell to get it out of the fabric...

Live Long and Prosper
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 1:45pm
What's wrong with asking if it's OK? Alls a person has to say is "yes or no". I think its being considerate to ask, not just jump in someone's car with the items. I'm a slug, not a car-pool member and I abide by all the rules all the time. The rules say nothing about "not asking for permission"[:)].
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 1:57pm
quote:
What's wrong with asking if it's OK? Alls a person has to say is "yes or no".
Like GSM said, people don't want to be put in the position of possible rudeness. Some people may not care how they come across, but I'll bet most people don't want to be seen as intolerant or rude, and so they will be accomodating when they don't want to be. Are you going to tell someone they have to throw away their freshly purchased breakfast combo? Accidents happen, and the slug isn't going to be the one to clean the car out.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 2:31pm
quote:
Originally posted by ronin718
[br]
quote:
Like GSM said, people don't want to be put in the position of possible rudeness. Some people may not care how they come across, but I'll bet most people don't want to be seen as intolerant or rude, and so they will be accomodating when they don't want to be. Are you going to tell someone they have to throw away their freshly purchased breakfast combo? Accidents happen, and the slug isn't going to be the one to clean the car out.

What's wrong with asking? I don't see it as being rude to ask. Wouldn't you think it would be rude to "not ask" and get in thinking it was OK? If a person has a freshly purchased breakfast combo and the driver says no, then they wait on the next car or finish their breakfast. You're right, the slug won't clean out the car, but all I say is, it's rude if you don't give the owner/driver the courtesy of asking. They may say, yeh, come on in and mean it.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 3:33pm
I'm with VA on this. I natually assume that drivers have a backbone and can answer as best suits them.

Cheers,

Glacier
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 3:45pm
I wouldn't mind someone drinking water, but nothing else. Only once have I seen a slug applying makeup in my car, and thought it inappropriate.

Don't put drivers on the spot, it's not fair to them. I don't know how someone would react if I asked them to not apply makeup in my car. Maybe they would start applying it to my car?
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 10:21am
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]I wouldn't mind someone drinking water, but nothing else. Only once have I seen a slug applying makeup in my car, and thought it inappropriate.

Don't put drivers on the spot, it's not fair to them. I don't know how someone would react if I asked them to not apply makeup in my car. Maybe they would start applying it to my car?

When I asked a lady to stop applying makeup in my car, her first reaction was denial. When it became clear that I could see her via my sun visor mirror, she became huffy (probably because she had obviously been caught in a lie) and said, "I don't spill things in people's cars!" I replied that accidents happen and that I would prefer it if she put it away.

Live Long and Prosper
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2004 at 9:02am
quote:
Originally posted by Uhura
When I asked a lady to stop applying makeup in my car, her first reaction was denial. When it became clear that I could see her via my sun visor mirror, she became huffy (probably because she had obviously been caught in a lie) and said, "I don't spill things in people's cars!" I replied that accidents happen and that I would prefer it if she put it away.

A valid point--why else would they call them ACCIDENTS? I keep my car very clean, no trash on the floor, no old socks, etc., and if someone doesn't want to cooperate, I'm happy to pull off on the shoulder and let that person walk.

I don't care for the smell of some of the things that people put on. If they already decided to marinate in their perfume, I guess there's not a lot you can do aside from recognizing the person in the future and saying she can't get in your car, but some of that powdered stuff smells strong and makes me cough.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2004 at 9:06am
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Uhura

A valid point--why else would they call them ACCIDENTS? I keep my car very clean, no trash on the floor, no old socks, etc., and if someone doesn't want to cooperate, I'm happy to pull off on the shoulder and let that person walk.

I don't care for the smell of some of the things that people put on. If they already decided to marinate in their perfume, I guess there's not a lot you can do aside from recognizing the person in the future and saying she can't get in your car, but some of that powdered stuff smells strong and makes me cough.

LOL @ "marinate in their perfume"...

Live Long and Prosper
Andy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2004 at 11:34am
Ditto to Ronin718's statement. Couldn't be more clear and on point.

quote:
Originally posted by ronin718
[br]
quote:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic