Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sipping on the way....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tilmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2004 at 11:37am
Assuming such a thing, I'm sorry, but shows a gross lack of understanding of human nature.

quote:
Originally posted by glacier
[br]I'm with VA on this. I natually assume that drivers have a backbone and can answer as best suits them.

Cheers,

Glacier

glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2004 at 12:29pm
Tilmer,

The nature of which humans? The ones like you or the ones like me? Or the many other types on this planet? I'm sorry, but your post shows a gross overgeneralization that everyone is like you. Although I would not think to ask to bring my morning coffee (see my earlier posts) I have absolutely no problem with riders asking me if they can bring a drink or if (gasp, perish the thought) I'll take a third. I can answer for myself and can say no without feeling bad. However, I realize there are people different from me.

My main point is many drivers do not mind questions such as: would you turn on the ac? May I put down the visor? May I lower the window? Etc. In fact if you read many of the threads on this site, you'll see that drivers would love to know if something simple will make their rider more comfortable. But, one never knows until they ask. And asking gives the option, a la Nancy Reagan, to just say no.

Sorry so long.

Cheers,

Glacier
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2004 at 12:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by glacier
[br]Tilmer,

The nature of which humans? The ones like you or the ones like me? Or the many other types on this planet? I'm sorry, but your post shows a gross overgeneralization that everyone is like you. Although I would not think to ask to bring my morning coffee (see my earlier posts) I have absolutely no problem with riders asking me if they can bring a drink or if (gasp, perish the thought) I'll take a third. I can answer for myself and can say no without feeling bad. However, I realize there are people different from me.

My main point is many drivers do not mind questions such as: would you turn on the ac? May I put down the visor? May I lower the window? Etc. In fact if you read many of the threads on this site, you'll see that drivers would love to know if something simple will make their rider more comfortable. But, one never knows until they ask. And asking gives the option, a la Nancy Reagan, to just say no.

Sorry so long.

Cheers,

Glacier

Your post is on point here. As a driver, I would like to know if the vehicle is too hot / cold etc. I definitely do not mind questions...

Live Long and Prosper
Mrs.KLB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2004 at 4:50pm
NO EATING OR DRINKING IN MY CAR!! even with a spill proof lid you should not assume it is okay to EAT OR DRINK IN A VEHICLE THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU!!! we are not driving MISS DAISY people!

Mrs. B
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2004 at 9:23am
Looks like someone is having a bad day today. [:(]

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.KLB
[br]NO EATING OR DRINKING IN MY CAR!! even with a spill proof lid you should not assume it is okay to EAT OR DRINK IN A VEHICLE THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU!!! we are not driving MISS DAISY people!

Mrs. B

vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2004 at 9:31am
I don't know so much about having a bad day, I just think Ms. "B" is putting it all up front. She won't have any problem with saying "no", will she?
elama View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2004 at 12:59pm
I agree 100%. And to previous posts, asking to put down the visor is not the same as asking whether you can drink, etc.

quote:
[br]NO EATING OR DRINKING IN MY CAR!! even with a spill proof lid you should not assume it is okay to EAT OR DRINK IN A VEHICLE THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU!!! we are not driving MISS DAISY people!

Mrs. B

Mrs.KLB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2004 at 3:30pm
Oh know just someone not afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, If you don't want people doing or saying curtain things in your car then as the owner of that vehicle then it is you place to say something why do you need others to guide you on what to say to someone about d, because when these people get out your car guess who is still responsible for the payments and up keep of that vehicle YOU![:)]

quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]Looks like someone is having a bad day today. [:(]

quote:

Mrs. B

Mrs. B
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2004 at 3:56pm
I can respect that - I guess I'm just a bite my tongue kinda person. Bite my tongue now, complain later. Oh well. [;)] - Guess we can't all be alike.[:I]

quote:
[br]Oh know just someone not afraid to say what everyone else is thinking, If you don't want people doing or saying curtain things in your car then as the owner of that vehicle then it is you place to say something why do you need others to guide you on what to say to someone about d, because when these people get out your car guess who is still responsible for the payments and up keep of that vehicle YOU![:)]

quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]Looks like someone is having a bad day today. [:(]

quote:

Mrs. B

Mrs. B

mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2004 at 4:04pm
quote:
Originally posted by Uhura
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]I wouldn't mind someone drinking water, but nothing else. Only once have I seen a slug applying makeup in my car, and thought it inappropriate.

Don't put drivers on the spot, it's not fair to them. I don't know how someone would react if I asked them to not apply makeup in my car. Maybe they would start applying it to my car?

When I asked a lady to stop applying makeup in my car, her first reaction was denial. When it became clear that I could see her via my sun visor mirror, she became huffy (probably because she had obviously been caught in a lie) and said, "I don't spill things in people's cars!" I replied that accidents happen and that I would prefer it if she put it away.

Live Long and Prosper

Oh, man...do you pick up from 610?? I betcha it was the same woman who got all huffy with me and slammed my car door in protest when I dropped her off. She'll never ride in my car again!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic