Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sipping on the way....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2004 at 8:02am
I agree with Mrs. KLB. My three-year old car still looks new because it doesn't have food crumbs stuffed into impossible-to-clean crevices or have coffee/soda stains all over the upholstery and carpet. The only slug entitled to eat in my car is one who is having a diabetic crisis; and if that happens, we'll all be on the shoulder waiting for the ambulance.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2004 at 9:40am
Of course she is correct - it's her car. Not much grey area there.

Cheers,

Glacier
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2004 at 10:03am
You aren't supposed to eat/drink on the bus or metro or train. They arrest kids on their way to school for violating that one. People should treat other people's car like gold when they ride in them -- better than they treat their own.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2004 at 10:27am
Yeh, that's why I think its fine to let riders know your expectations. I certainly am not going to say one thing and and not mean it, then "sulk" about it all the way to work or home. That's really having a bad day. I truly think people will respect another person more if they say what they mean, especially if its something seemingly within reason.
Mrs. S View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs. S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2004 at 2:08pm
I did not used to mind riders drinking in my car until one day a young lady left her sticky Starbuck's frapaccino cup in my cupholder. YUCK! Now, I pass on riders that "drink and ride".

Mrs. S
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 10:21am
quote:
Originally posted by mirangus
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Uhura
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]I wouldn't mind someone drinking water, but nothing else. Only once have I seen a slug applying makeup in my car, and thought it inappropriate.

Don't put drivers on the spot, it's not fair to them. I don't know how someone would react if I asked them to not apply makeup in my car. Maybe they would start applying it to my car?

When I asked a lady to stop applying makeup in my car, her first reaction was denial. When it became clear that I could see her via my sun visor mirror, she became huffy (probably because she had obviously been caught in a lie) and said, "I don't spill things in people's cars!" I replied that accidents happen and that I would prefer it if she put it away.

Live Long and Prosper

Oh, man...do you pick up from 610?? I betcha it was the same woman who got all huffy with me and slammed my car door in protest when I dropped her off. She'll never ride in my car again!

Yikes, she slammed your door-I hate that...My make up lady slammed my door too, but I don't think she's the same one as yours because I was picking up from Horner that day.

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2004 at 11:40am
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]Is it inappropriate for a "slug" to get in a rider's car with a cup of coffee? I've always done it, until one day recently, it just hit me....that it could be rude!!!????? [:0]

Coincidentally, a woman got in my car today. She pulled out a can of CHOCOLATE slim fast and shook it.

Before she could pop it open, I told her that I would prefer it if she didn't open it in my vehicle; it would be impossible to remove it from the apolstery if it were to spill. She seem a little annoyed, but she complied.

Live Long and Prosper
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic