Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sipping on the way....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sipping on the way....
    Posted: 28 Jun 2004 at 4:36pm
Is it inappropriate for a "slug" to get in a rider's car with a cup of coffee? I've always done it, until one day recently, it just hit me....that it could be rude!!!????? [:0]
Rosebud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2004 at 4:42pm
You know, I've seen worse things. I would prefer it if no one drinks coffee in my car. What if it spills? I just spent the entire weekend removing coffee stains from my floor carpets. Is it any worse than eating something?

I'm still looking for the person who left his newspaper in the back of my van. I'm sure it was a mistake...
Kolohe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolohe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2004 at 8:19am
It's not that I think that you're rude ... but many people do not drink/eat in their vehicles, so you may want to recognize that.

Now, I drink coffee every morning while driving to work and have no problem with someone else having some in my vehicle ... as long as the cup has a spill-proof style top.

Personally, I would kindly ask someone to not bring a styrofoam (sp?) cup from 7-11 or the like into my vehicle. There are no cup holders in the back seat of my vehicle either.

Kindly,
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2004 at 8:20am
I don't think slugs should ever ingest food or drink in another person's car. Besides the obvious risk of spillage, there is the propensity of some individuals to engage in rude and inconsiderate behavior. A case in point was the last time I drove rather than my usual habit of riding. I picked up two slugs in Rosslyn for 610 and one of them discarded her empty water bottle on the rear floor of my car. It was empty and capped and didn't make a mess but I didn't appreciate the sneaky way it was quietly left behind for me to pick up.
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2004 at 8:52am
The other day I saw a woman get into someone else's car, eating what looked like a glazed donut. I was [:0]. Like someone upthread said, there are worse things, but I wouldn't eat or drink in a stranger's car.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 7:49am
I don't think it's appropriate for someone to just bring food or drink into a vehicle as a slug. I sometimes take a small bottled water and that seems to be OK, other than that I would ask before I got in if I had a dougnut or coffee etc.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 12:37pm
I LOVE my morning coffee, however I would not dream of taking it in a strangers car. Next thing you know people will be bringing in their morning hot chocolate and haggis sandwich.

Cheers,

Glacier
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 1:05pm
Food and drink are no-nos!! [:0] It is very bad etiquette to do either in a strangers car. You could however ask if they mind and if they do, then be prepared to either pass or throw it away.
gsm View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 1:09pm
I hate to mention this, but by asking whether you can enter the car with food or drink puts the driver in the position of having to say yes or no. From past posts, people may say yes, but are really thinking "why oh why" can't I tell this person "no way." Come on, consider human nature and eat and drink before or after the ride. Cheez.

quote:
Originally posted by vabigblue
[br]I don't think it's appropriate for someone to just bring food or drink into a vehicle as a slug. I sometimes take a small bottled water and that seems to be OK, other than that I would ask before I got in if I had a dougnut or coffee etc.

Vema View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 1:24pm
I agree with gsm. It really is not being considerate at all to put the driver on the spot by asking if it is OK. When did we all get so inconsiderate of other peoples' feelings? If you just have to eat or drink during your ride due to some "condition" and that goes for water too, perhaps a fixed car pool that has like-minded people or driving alone would be the way to go. Like someone said earlier, you can't do it on public transportation, don't do it, and don't ask to do it to the driver who is giving you a ride. Find another way in.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic