Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commuting from Stafford

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbysmom31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commuting from Stafford
    Posted: 30 Jun 2004 at 2:30pm
My husband and I are moving from Springfield to Stafford at the end of next month. I'm looking for an alternative to sitting in traffic alone for hours each day. Can anyone tell me about the slugline on Courthouse Road? Is it reliable? How's parking? Where are the afternoon pickups? Currently I'm doing Bob's in Spfd. to 18th Street ... really want to be able to continue to slug.
Geezehead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geezehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 8:36am
All Three Slug lots in Stafford are alive a well. What part of Stafford are you moving to and where do you work?
libbysmom31 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote libbysmom31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 10:09am
That's good news ... thanks! We'll be off Hope Road in Bayview Estates, but I'm still trying to figure out which commuter lot that's most convenient to. Have looked into buses, but they're $$$ and not all that convenient. What's the average commute time into either the Pentagon or downtown (18th & K area)? I can do either. Also, is it possible to find parking around, say 7:15? Daycare doesn't open until 7.
PSMITH4780 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSMITH4780 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 10:30am
libbysmom31, You might want to check out some other daycare options. Mine opens at 0530........
Geezehead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geezehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 11:41am
7:15 is pretty late for the old 610 lot, but I believe mine road and 630 are alive and well with DC traffic. Pentagon is probably still possible as well. On a 'normal' day (nothing seems normal anymore) one can get from the lots to the pentagon in about 35 mins.
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 12:21pm
There is no slug line at Route 630. The only slug lines in Stafford are Route 17, Route 610, and Route 610--Mine Road. The 610 lot is for the early crowd until about 7:00. Mine Road is for the later group, 7:00 until about 8:30. I am not sure what the best times at Route 17 are...
ECUgrad1999 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ECUgrad1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2004 at 8:44am
Originally posted by libbysmom31[/i]
[br]My husband and I are moving from Springfield to Stafford at the end of next month. I'm looking for an alternative to sitting in traffic alone for hours each day. Can anyone tell me about the slugline on Courthouse Road? Is it reliable? How's parking? Where are the afternoon pickups? Currently I'm doing Bob's in Spfd. to 18th Street ... really want to be able to continue to slug.

I am looking for a slugger from Stafford to Springfield. Would you be interested??

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Heather
tulipgirl67 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulipgirl67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2004 at 10:00am
Indeed, there is no slugging from the 630 (Courthouse Rd) commuter lot. But, you will have no trouble slugging from Mine Rd after you drop your child off at daycare. Parking is plentiful and there are usually many drivers picking up there going to both the Pentagon & Downtown.

In the afternoon, it is really convenient to slug back using the Pentagon slug line. There is a sign there designating the Mine Rd line. Happy Slugging!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic