Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Slug question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riadatwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Slug question
    Posted: 01 Jul 2004 at 9:36am
Starting next week, for the first time I plan to start slugging from the old communter lot on Rt. 610 in Stafford to the L'Enfant Plaza metro station. My questions are: When is the best time to be in the slug line in Stafford to arrive at L'Enfant Plaza around 6:45am and are there many drivers that need a slug for this location in Washington DC?

Any input with be appreciated.
SuperLeah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperLeah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2004 at 10:59am
Good, another newbie! I have a question too: who has the sign, the driver, the slug, or both? By the site info I read, it sounds like just the driver but a comment on this board made it sound like slugs do too. Input?
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2004 at 11:31am
quote:
Originally posted by SuperLeah
[br]Good, another newbie! I have a question too: who has the sign, the driver, the slug, or both? By the site info I read, it sounds like just the driver but a comment on this board made it sound like slugs do too. Input?

It's pretty much a "make one if you want one thing." I always carry one when I'm slugging so that I can be seen and hailed. Drivers can always pull up and verbally announce their destinations.
J-Staff View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Staff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2004 at 12:44pm
I usually arrive at the lot @ 5:30am and catch a ride within 20 minutes, although lately it's been closer to 30 minutes (vacations I guess). The "average ride" to L'Enfant takes 45 minutes depending on the traffic/accidents, which gets worse every year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic