Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More Gripes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Racee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2004 at 1:13pm
Although I believe that more people are courteous as opposed to non-courteous, I am running into more and more people over the years that either don't think or don't care what impact their actions have on others, or maybe they are just easily influenced by the bad habits of others, which is sad. You can tell even by reading some of the other threads where people don't see what is wrong with doing or asking certain things. It is quite depressing when you run into this type of person. Hope things change around for you, because I have also made some super friends from slugging.

quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.KLB
[br]I don't understand when drivers are bashful about speaking up in their own vehicles that puzzles me. I am a driver a you best believe when something is bothering me about one of my passengers that I am doing as much a favor for them as they are for me OH I SPEAK UP. I know longer allow anyone in my car with suitcases and those damn book bags on wheels, I had a man in my car a couple of weeks ago and I usually pay attention to who gets in my car and what they have especially the back seat riders. That get in and throw their bags in my seat, well this person had a suitcase and when he exited my vehicle he dragged that suitcase across my seat and left behind an trail of mudd from the wheels, and you can best believe I let him have it as he continued dragging the bag across my seat. I have been slugging for a number of years and I really used to enjoy some of the people I picked up, even made some friends that are still close family friends to this day,but over the past year when I reach that commuter lot in the mornings or 14th street in the evenings my entire demeanor changes, I can't wait get these people out of my car as soon as possible.

Mrs. B

vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2004 at 9:33am
Mrs. "B", you don't allow anyone with any type suitcases in your vehicle? I mean the kind you can get inside with you, not the hugh family sized ones.
Mrs.KLB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2004 at 4:36pm
I don't understand when drivers are bashful about speaking up in their own vehicles that puzzles me. I am a driver a you best believe when something is bothering me about one of my passengers that I am doing as much a favor for them as they are for me OH I SPEAK UP. I know longer allow anyone in my car with suitcases and those damn book bags on wheels, I had a man in my car a couple of weeks ago and I usually pay attention to who gets in my car and what they have especially the back seat riders. That get in and throw their bags in my seat, well this person had a suitcase and when he exited my vehicle he dragged that suitcase across my seat and left behind an trail of mudd from the wheels, and you can best believe I let him have it as he continued dragging the bag across my seat. I have been slugging for a number of years and I really used to enjoy some of the people I picked up, even made some friends that are still close family friends to this day,but over the past year when I reach that commuter lot in the mornings or 14th street in the evenings my entire demeanor changes, I can't wait get these people out of my car as soon as possible.

Mrs. B
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2004 at 2:30pm
Thanks for Your Understanding JC9!! Several folks stated they wouldn't have minded the laptop as much, but you were right on it!! It was so much the actual laptop, but the 30 minutes of click, click, click, space bar, space bar, space bar!! It was just......irritating!!! [:D]

quote:
Originally posted by jc9
[br]I have to admit, slugbug, the newspaper AND the laptop would've annoyed me. I wouldn't have cared that the person was on the computer, but the click-click-clicking on the the keys would've annoyed me after the entire 45 minute drive. Isn't it kind of like the person who talks on the cell phone the whole trip, or has a constant cough or something? Repetitive noises are annoying...especially when commuting. But like you, I wouldn't have said anything either. I wish there was a magical way for people to KNOW when you don't want them to do something [;)]

Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2004 at 1:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by jc9
[br]I wish there was a magical way for people to KNOW when you don't want them to do something [;)]

Electrical shocks in the seat. Just zap away.
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2004 at 12:33pm
Or just talks the entire way. I had a woman yesterday tell me her entire lifestory...UNSOLICITED....I heard about her divorce, her current marital problems, problems with her tribe of kids....The whole nine....Finally as I was dropping them off, and trying to contain the flow of blood coming from my ears, my cell phone rang and saved the day.... The worst part about it was I didn't ever respond with more than an "ah-huh." Damn near killed me....
jc9 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jc9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2004 at 12:22pm
I have to admit, slugbug, the newspaper AND the laptop would've annoyed me. I wouldn't have cared that the person was on the computer, but the click-click-clicking on the the keys would've annoyed me after the entire 45 minute drive. Isn't it kind of like the person who talks on the cell phone the whole trip, or has a constant cough or something? Repetitive noises are annoying...especially when commuting. But like you, I wouldn't have said anything either. I wish there was a magical way for people to KNOW when you don't want them to do something [;)]
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2004 at 11:15am
quote:
Originally posted by slugbug
[br]I understand with slugging we have to put up with an occassional incident or two that we dislike, but mine is becoming a bit more frequent. I do both, drive/pick up and slug. Last week I picked up slugs, and the guy in the front seat cracked open his laptop and typed the entire trip....is it just me, or was that a bit much?? And, yesterday, I drove and a guy in the back had his newspaper COMPLETELY OPEN, and upright. I couldn't see at all!! I know i should've said something, but as usual, I hate being put in a situation that makes me feel uncomfortable in order to comfront someone, so i said nothing[:(].

I think I have picked up both of those people. Not only is the newspaper dangerous with obstructing your view but also the ink from the newspaper rubs off on my leather seats. About as bad as eating and drinking in someone else's car.

Dina
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2004 at 11:07am
quote:
Originally posted by USA
[People in the DC area have no clue on this. Try riding the Metro sometime--these fools hold their papers as wide-open as possible, I guess to try to keep other people from standing close to them.

Those seated on the Metro (and on the bus, I've noticed) seem to back themselves into the corner and hide behind the wide-open paper so they can hog two seats. Grrrrrr!
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2004 at 8:56am
quote:
Originally posted by mycroftt
Doesn't anyone know how to use the "commuter fold" anymore? That's the way you fold the paper so it's always the size of one eighth sheet (roughly 7 X 11 inches). You can even quickly flip through the pages, always returning to the folded configuration with just a couple of quick moves. I used to commute by train from Connecticut into NYC's Grand Central Station, and if anyone didn't know how to keep his newspaper out of everyone else's way, he would have been quickly educated.

People in the DC area have no clue on this. Try riding the Metro sometime--these fools hold their papers as wide-open as possible, I guess to try to keep other people from standing close to them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic