Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NuRide Program

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolohe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NuRide Program
    Posted: 07 Jul 2004 at 2:34pm
Hey all,

Let me say this FIRST (as to hopefully not get "flamed" by veteran posters) .... I know that this was mentioned somewhere previously, but I thought that it would benefit many for the subject to be re-initiated. Also, I am NOT offiliated in any way with NuRide, so I get nothing out of this by posting.

There is a program in the NOVA/DC Metro area called NuRide, which PAYS you to ride-share/commute with others to your job, etc.

By coordinating rides with others, you earn points (min. 100pts for each "leg" of a ride). With those points, you earn gift certificates/gift cards to a variety of different places (Starbucks, Target, Circuit City, Amazon.com, etc.). Once you "earn" 2500 points, you then earn a $25.00 gift card/certificate for one of their partners.

This program is sponsored by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and Commuter Connections, as well as the State of Virgnia Transit Authority.

To find out more about the program, visit their web site at www.NuRide.com and get more information!

If your company is not on the list of their current affiliates, simply email them and they'll work to get it added. That's what I had to do and it took about 2 weeks for them to get the company, etc. added.

Pretty cool! Thought I'd just pass this along!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic