Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drivers making gas stops at Wawa on 610!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drivers making gas stops at Wawa on 610!
    Posted: 13 Jul 2004 at 4:39pm
What is up with drivers stopping for gas on the way to work AFTER they pick up slugs??? I find this totally unacceptable- not to mention rude. The rule is to stop before you get in the slug line. Would you find it acceptable if I asked you to stop so I can get coffee??? This has now happened 7 times since they opened up that WaWa on 610 in Stafford. Uggg!

Sorry for venting!
Thanks, Lisa
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2004 at 6:27pm
I guess you need to start asking.

Cheers,

Glacier
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 8:58am
It's common courtesy to let the slugs know before they get into the car. However, common courtesy is hard to find nowadays.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 12:13pm
Maybe they have a thing for Wawa. Seven times since they opened. Is it the same vehicle Lisa?
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 1:28pm
LisaV, personally, I'd rather stop for gas BEFORE I have to stop BECAUSE of gas. [;)]
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2004 at 2:22pm
LUV the WAWA! But would not drag a slug there.

Cheers,

Glacier
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2004 at 12:24pm
I am betting they are doing that because its easier to get to Wawa as you are leaving the lot since its on the right hand side of 610 as you are heading for the Washington DC exit, than it would be to make a left before going to the lot.

Personally, I would never do that. Getting gas can take an extra ten minutes -- I wouldn't want to hold anyone up for ten minutes that they didn't anticipate losing.

P.S. I love the Wawa too -- especially the Chocolate Macademia Nut coffee. Yummy![:)]

Dina
Subaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2004 at 7:21am
Next time get out of the car and go in, start reading a magazine or get some coffee and take up alot of time. They wont do it again. haa
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2004 at 9:06am
LOL! Go in there have them make you a hoagie too! The help at the counter in the mornings move as fast as molasses! [:D][:p]

Dina
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2004 at 11:54am
As a slug, don't you run the risk of getting left? Or are you counting on the HOV requirement to ensure your place in the car? [8D]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic