Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horner Rd - Stop doing this??!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2004 at 4:30pm
From the descriptions in several posts, I'd say yes, it's cheating. If there's a designated pick-up point, then trolling for slugs would appear to be a no-no.
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2004 at 9:33pm
I agree with you ronin...but if I see a slugger carrying a sign for a Horner or Potomac, and their getting soaked in bad weather , I'll pick them up to get them out of the rain.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2004 at 9:11am
quote:
Originally posted by ronin718
[br]From the descriptions in several posts, I'd say yes, it's cheating. If there's a designated pick-up point, then trolling for slugs would appear to be a no-no.

I can see your point, but it seems like a common practice and the slugs are actually holding up their signs as they're walking along...

I start off at 23rd-as many of the slugs do. The walk from 23rd all the way to the pick up point isn't a short one-but can they take a bus? I'll have to rethink this one...

Live Long and Prosper
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2004 at 9:55am
quote:
Originally posted by Uhura
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by ronin718
[br]From the descriptions in several posts, I'd say yes, it's cheating. If there's a designated pick-up point, then trolling for slugs would appear to be a no-no.

I can see your point, but it seems like a common practice and the slugs are actually holding up their signs as they're walking along...

I start off at 23rd-as many of the slugs do. The walk from 23rd all the way to the pick up point isn't a short one-but can they take a bus? I'll have to rethink this one...

Live Long and Prosper

Well, you can take the ART bus, I think, but why would you want to pay for it? That's the whole point of slugging, right? To not have to pay for it...LOL. And the Anteon shuttle will only stop at the corner for select people. I wasn't one of them, so I'm bitter. *Pa-Tooey!*
slugbug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2004 at 10:09am
I don't feel like Cheating is defined the same in Crystal City as it is at Horner Road. The sluggers created the hold-sign method, and eventually a pick up spot was established for us. But, the stretch of CC is so long, that it has always worked both ways, to pick up walkers as well as go to the pick up point. So, I don't think the cheating applies here.[?]
jjmahoney View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjmahoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2004 at 1:34pm
This is probably the biggest thing I will NOT miss in the slightest (my other thread will explain). To not have to see this crap everyday will be a joy.

"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." I Corinthians 1:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic