Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Walking to cars at Horner Rd  -Keep line moving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Walking to cars at Horner Rd -Keep line moving

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FromWoodbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walking to cars at Horner Rd -Keep line moving
    Posted: 21 Jul 2004 at 6:21pm
This morning at Horner Rd. there was a lady who started walking to the cars to see where people were going.

Originally the line was moving forward, and then two guys just stopped. The lady started to ask where the cars were going (there were quite a few cars and quite a few people) and the two men that had stopped in front of her started to yell at her and tell her to "Get Back Here", "Don't cut in front of us".

The lady kept walking and calling out destinations.

I'd like to say that I appreciate her doing what she did. I feel the two men were very rude and should be ashamed of their actions.

Because that lady kept walking, she was able to move the line forward. There were too many cars and too many people for two men to just decide to stop right there. Not only were they being rude to her by yelling at her like that, they were being rude to the drivers and to the riders that were behind them in line.

I will say that the lady did not steal a ride from anyone, instead she called out rides for other passengers. More people should move up like that and take the initiative to keep the line moving. Everyone has a place to go in the morning.
glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2004 at 8:10am
What line at Horner? Thanks.

Cheers,

Glacier
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2004 at 10:40am
FW - did she end up going to the Navy Yard? I might've seen her (she was already walking the cars, calling out destinations when I got there, and missed any confrontations). I do get frustrated when people won't walk the cars, but I have seen people get TOO upset over this - yelling at people (very rudely) to move the line forward. I just wish everyone would 'chill out' in the morning. There's no need to start the morning off yelling at each other. And the truth is, no matter what people are yelling about, they're the ones that look like idiots.
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2004 at 2:37pm
As a driver I am thankful to any slug that takes the initiative to move down the line of cars instead of waiting for us to get to them.

Dina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic