Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L'Enfant to Rte 17 in the PM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterelf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L'Enfant to Rte 17 in the PM
    Posted: 28 May 2002 at 1:00pm
How is the line doing, especially 5-5:15?

Jah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2002 at 2:54pm
Can you tell me where the line is located at L'Enfant Plaza going to Rt. 17 in the PM? I'd like to give it a try. I work at 7th & D and that would be much more convenient than going to the Pentagon.

610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2002 at 9:07am
Haven't noticed anyone out there for the Route 17 line at L'Enfant (I'm in the 610 line). Will check tonight where the 17 line is at in L'Enfant and will let you know if it's running.

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2002 at 9:49am
This is good to know...I've been thinking about slugging home from L'Enfant to 17 myself, but if no one is there...

Kevin O.
610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2002 at 8:05am
Kevin, Didn't slug last night...was fortunate enough to get a ride back without having to slug. Will look for news about the 17 line tonight.

610_Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610_Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2002 at 8:02am
I was on D Street across from L'Enfant metro around 4:10 last night in the 610 slug line. Did not see a Rt. 17 line. Maybe there just wasn't anyone there. My suggestion would be to start a Rt. 17 line (if there isn't one yet) between the Springfield and 610 lines on D Street. Take a sign with you, and make sure that cars that drive by see it. You'd be amazed how many people stop when they see the signs. Will take a lot of patience though :) That's how we started the 610 line...word of mouth, signs, and postings to this site. If I notice any Rt. 17 people around, I'll post here again. Good luck.

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2002 at 2:50pm
I would love to exert patience and hang a sign out there, but after discussing it with some fellow L'Enfant Plaza folks, they seem resigned to the idea of taking Metro to Pentagon and catching their slug rides there. If anyone would care to declare that they too would be willing to give it a go (both riders and drivers) I'm game.

Kevin O.
Mit View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2002 at 1:01pm
According to the home page on this website, under maps, there is a Rt. 17 line just behind the Rt. 610 line. The next time I'm not in a rush to get home, I'll give it a try with a sign and let you know. I would be out there about 4:30pm

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2002 at 8:19am
Well, if I didn't have somewhere to be tonight I'd do it today, but I will definitely try it tomorrow afternoon (June 5 @ 4pm)...so if there are any drivers out there coming from L'Enfant going to Rt. 17, I'll be out there with a sign until 4:30pm max. I'll report the results after.

Kevin O.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2002 at 5:56am
If you need a sign to show your destination, go to:
http://www.slug-lines.com/Downloads/downloads.htm

There are dozens of pre-made signs. I hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic