Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

slugging in an age of terrorism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote washpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: slugging in an age of terrorism
    Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 1:03pm
I'm a reporter at the Washington Post and am working on a story about commuting in this age of terrorism. I'm interested in talking to any slugs about how their routines or commutes have changed, especially if things are different following the most recent terror alerts. I can be reached at 202-334-6410 or by email at ginsbergs@washpost.com. Thanks for any help.

Steven Ginsberg
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 2:37pm
Can you also provide a link on the Post website that talks about this? That will validate your identity.

Thanks.

(see, this is how catious we've become in this age of terrorism.) :)
Sluggrl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sluggrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 3:28pm
If you knew anything about the media you'd know that a journalist writes their stories and then gets approval from their Editor to publish it. He could write this article today and have it published in 5 months. Welcome to PRINT MEDIA 101

I hope we all e-mail our slugging experiences!
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 3:36pm
Actually my slugging commute changed right after 9-11 and kept me out of sequence for about 1 year, or what ever time it took for the Pentagon and Metro to be rearranged. I tried car-pooling, buses, trains and everything else in between. Nothing worked like slugging. Now that things seem as normal as possible, I am back to almost the same routine as I was in 2000. So, to answer your inquiry, for about 12-18 months I was derailed from my normal activities as far as slugging is concerned.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 3:42pm
quote:
Originally posted by washpost
[br]I'm a reporter at the Washington Post and am working on a story about commuting in this age of terrorism. I'm interested in talking to any slugs about how their routines or commutes have changed, especially if things are different following the most recent terror alerts. I can be reached at 202-334-6410 or by email at ginsbergs@washpost.com. Thanks for any help.

Steven Ginsberg

My routine never changed. I slugged back then as much as I do now.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2004 at 8:35pm
And the point of your report would be what? Or are you looking for the paranoids among us who get off of buses at the sight of a middle easterner or anyone resembling one?

Get a grip. Write about the dangers of driving in this area and how the odds of getting killed or hurt are greater than any terrorist threat. Or maybe you can go abroad where terrorism has been around for a lot longer than 2001. See how they've changed their behavior.
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2004 at 8:40am
Hear Hear DC2RV Maybe the government will listen and stop the silly street closures around the Capitol.
Johnny Cakes View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Cakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2004 at 7:42pm
quote:
Originally posted by shahedC
Can you also provide a link on the Post website that talks about this? That will validate your identity

That s/he has an email address at washpost.com pretty much verifies his identity.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic