Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

going to Woodbridge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms. V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: going to Woodbridge
    Posted: 29 May 2002 at 9:11am
I will like to know are there any slug lines going to Woodbridge in the afternoons leaving from the Pentagon.

Thanks

Ms. V
trobey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trobey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2002 at 1:42pm
yes there are three,Horner Road (Prince William PRKWY & 95), Old Heckingers (Old Bridge Rd & 95), and Potomac Mills.

tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2002 at 12:31pm
How often are riders picked up from the Pentagon to Old Hechingers(Old Bridge Rd & 95)? I tried that once recently but stood there by myself for 10 minutes with everyone staring at me so I assumed that it was a dead line. But is it still operational? If so, what are the best times (in the evening)?

nyy24 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyy24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2002 at 10:32am
I used to slug from the Pentagon to Tackett's Mill for about 9 months and there were maybe 3 times I saw someone trying to pick up to go to Old Hechingers. You can ask the driver for Tackett's Mill if they can go the "Old Hechingers" way and see if that works for you.

Joma View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2002 at 11:39am
I used to do what nyy24 suggested when I was slugging to Hechingers and it worked out great. There are many drivers going by Hechingers anyway and have no problem with dropping you off. I usually said to drop me across from the lot (just as you turn off of Rt. 123), and then I would walk across at the light so that they wouldn't have to pull in and make an extra stop.
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2002 at 10:32am
Thanks for the advice; I'll give it a shot.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic