Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Had one of THOSE kind of drivers last night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Had one of THOSE kind of drivers last night
    Posted: 01 Sep 2004 at 2:36pm
Picked up at the pentagon. The guy drove 80 most of the time, 90 or above whenever he could, and spent the whole trip back to 234 weaving in and out, like he was at Indy.

Wish I got his license plate. The driver was a black male, I'd say in his mid-thirties, driving a small black, honda sedan.

Do drivers really not care what the speed limit is while they have strangers in the car? when I pick people up, i'm more careful than usual in how I drive!

Honestly, and people get upset when they are stopped by police?

I will look for his license plate the next time. This is a driver to be avoided!!
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2004 at 4:27pm
Yeh, he needs to be posted on this site. I can understand wanting to get home, but not at those speeds. Thanks qorc
KNLNGUS View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KNLNGUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 8:03am
I do not condone this guys behavior - his driving at speeds while weaving in an out is not acceptable. I do know that MANY drivers (including myself) will drive at 80 - 90 (at various times) when the conditions are acceptable and I'm on a long trip. I don't think that speeding while on the small commute on the 95 corridor during rush hour traffic is acceptable. A constant speed above 65 - perhaps 65-75 is normal IMO.

I got pulled over for driving 72 on 95 with slugs in my car and yes I was pissed off. I asked the police officer why he pulled me over out of a crowd of 8 or 9 cars all going slightly above 70 and he asked me if I ever went fishing. I said yes and he replied with, "Well then, you know that when you cast your line, your confident you will catch a fish, and you will only be able to hook one at a time." 72mph! I politely thanked him for being such an upstanding officer of the peace and told him to hurry up and catch the next oh so reckless driver.
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 8:38am
I don't complain when they do 70-75.

however, 80? 90?? over??? gimme a break. It's not only WAY outside the law, but it's DANGEROUS. Not only to the driver, but to the slugs. It's unacceptable. If you are doing that, shame on you. Don't whine when you get pulled over, at whatever speed. you are a hazard.
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 11:17am
There's been past discussions about speed, etc. on the HOV lanes. If you drive 65-70 mph, why do other people feel they need to drive down your tail pipe? I particularly am peeved by SUV owners thinking they can just ram themselves up my Civic's tail pipe when I'm cruising at 70 mph. Sometimes they get ticked because I actually have the nerve to leave space between me and the car in front.

I want a bumper sticker -- If you don't like my speed, I can always slow down!
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 12:48pm
Well, if your doing 70 in the left land then I would say your out of line. Thats the passing or over taking lane, speeds move quickly on 95 when given the opportunity. If you want to do 70 and below please stay in the right lane so the rest of us can move along also.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 1:17pm
I don't recall seeing where Stuck2 specified that he/she was cruising in the left lane. I agree with tdar20 that cruising should be done in the right lane, but tailgating happens in both lanes, especially if traffic is moderate to heavy and the fast-burners are using both lanes. Sometimes drivers need to remember that not everyone is attempting to qualify for the Poconos 400. [8D]
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 3:11pm
No, I travel both lanes; in left, I cruise at speed of the driver ahead of me, who is in turn usually is cruising at speed of driver ahead of him/her. When traffic is to the point where both lanes are full, there's no such thing as "Hey this is the left lane and I'm going to put the pedal to the metal!" So that left lane is only for passing rule is out the window. Also, there's only left lane exits on the HOV so maybe they need to write another special rule -- reverse everything for HOV: Right lane for passing and left for general traffic.

But on point and topic, speed kills. When I have slugs, I try to keep to limit. Also, I'm not found of tickets and avoid them at all cost.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 5:42pm
Speed does NOT kill. Please go to Germany and observe driving and such over there. Bad drivers that speed, that kills.

I usually travel 80mph in the HOV lanes (traffic permitting). I do NOT weave in and out. I have a very safe car, with tires and suspension that can handle high speeds.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2004 at 6:08pm
quote:
Originally posted by Stuck2
[br]There's been past discussions about speed, etc. on the HOV lanes. If you drive 65-70 mph, why do other people feel they need to drive down your tail pipe? I particularly am peeved by SUV owners thinking they can just ram themselves up my Civic's tail pipe when I'm cruising at 70 mph. Sometimes they get ticked because I actually have the nerve to leave space between me and the car in front.

I want a bumper sticker -- If you don't like my speed, I can always slow down!

And why do civic drivers drive like maniacs with their souped up rides and buzz around my SUV like little gnats?

Let's not even start the category game...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic