Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

L'enfant "stops"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: L'enfant "stops"
    Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 9:26am
I totally appreciate being taken where ever around 7th and D. But, I was wondering if there are specific terms for some spots around L'enfant when the driver is kind enough to ask where you want to go. I have heard people say the mailbox, so that is my standby. But, truly I would like to go to the metro entrance a little down the road from the mailbox. If someone else stops at the mailbox I don't mind the little walk at all, but if its just me...Is there a term for this metro stop? Its the metro entrance right on D where all the shops are.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 9:42am
I like to get out at the side entrance to the Promenade - most people seem to refer to this as being "by the flags". It's just short of where the Metro entrance is located. It seems to work for most drivers because they can get back on 395 north if they want. Is that the place you call "the mailbox"?

So the terms I hear most are "the flags", Metro, and "7th and D".

Mike
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 10:04am
That must be the same as by the mailbox, its right by the 955 doors to the Promenade I think. I just got super lucky a couple of times because a driver parked in the Colonial Lot right next to the stairs to the metro, so I thought maybe other drivers would stop there. Makes sense that they can get back on the highway if they stop earlier though.
Thanks for the input!
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 7:35am
Yes, I took notice of my surroundings this morning rather than just staggering into the food court for my morning coffee and "the flags", "the mailbox", and the 955 entrance are all one and the same.

Mike[:D]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic