Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Try Potomac Mills if Horner Rd is full

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 9:07am
I think P8R10TZ has the right idea. If drivers are more willing to drop off at Potomac AND Horner then the slugs will be more confident in using Potomac again. Drivers have the flexibility in which lots to use, slugs not as much unless we want to wait for a bus. It's all in promoting on everyone's part.

Side note: I took Potomac home last night from CC and even though I waited an extra 5 mins than the Horner line I still found a ride home and there were at least 5 of us waiting. I also know drivers sometimes prefer to pick up at CC than waiting in the long lines at the Pentagon so that might help.

Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 12:54pm
Hate to say it-But I told you so:

Most people do not go to PM in the afternoon-Horner is the preferred spot. I said as much on another thread and got jumped on...

Live Long and Prosper
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 12:59pm
I think people who are willing to pick up at PM but aren't willing to drop off there because it's less convenient are being selfish.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 1:38pm
quote:
Originally posted by WBSlug7
[br]I think people who are willing to pick up at PM but aren't willing to drop off there because it's less convenient are being selfish.

I think you're right about that WB, but each commuter is going to do whatever's convenient for them...Unfortunately, the fact remains that Horner is the preferred afternoon spot.

Live Long and Prosper
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 6:44pm
I would like to see more drivers become flexible about driving to Potomac. When I slugged from CC, I would sometimes wait quite a while before getting picked up by a driver. And most of the time, it was because the driver got tired of waiting for Horner or Tackett riders.

Slugs DON'T have a choice of where his or her destination is at night. It is the drivers who could become more flexible to help out the Potomac riders. Potomac does have a lot of extra spaces available and could help with alleviating the overflow problem at Horner. The people (drivers AND riders) reading this post could help by spreading the word about Potomac. It's really not that much further to go there, especially if you have to go down Dale Blvd to get home anyway.

If we work together, instead of arguing about which lot is best, I'm sure it could work out in everyone's favor in the long run. Starting now, I'm personally going to do what I can to make the Woodbridge slug system better; even if it means a little less convenience for me.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 8:02am
quote:
Originally posted by P8R10TZ
[br]I would like to see more drivers become flexible about driving to Potomac. When I slugged from CC, I would sometimes wait quite a while before getting picked up by a driver. And most of the time, it was because the driver got tired of waiting for Horner or Tackett riders.

Slugs DON'T have a choice of where his or her destination is at night. It is the drivers who could become more flexible to help out the Potomac riders. Potomac does have a lot of extra spaces available and could help with alleviating the overflow problem at Horner. The people (drivers AND riders) reading this post could help by spreading the word about Potomac. It's really not that much further to go there, especially if you have to go down Dale Blvd to get home anyway.

If we work together, instead of arguing about which lot is best, I'm sure it could work out in everyone's favor in the long run. Starting now, I'm personally going to do what I can to make the Woodbridge slug system better; even if it means a little less convenience for me.

LOL-No one is arguing about which lot is best. We have already established which lot is PREFERRED by the folks who are driving. The bottom line is that most of the drivers are not going to be inconvenienced if they don't have to. You talk about drivers being more flexible-why not flip the coin? You can be more "flexible" and stop complaining about your wait to be dropped off @ Potomac Mills.

I see your point about the availability of overflow parking @ Potomac Mills; however, I do not agree with you that it's not "a big deal."

Why are you assuming that everyone is going straight home or up Dale Blvd after work? Potomac Mills can add 10 to 15 minutes to my commute-making me at least 15 minutes late for my afternoon appointments. Tacketts would make me 20 minutes late.

I don't drive anymore (except on Fridays), but I can see how a driver may not want to or be able to commit to that particular brand of inconvenience every day.

Live Long and Prosper
spolastre View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spolastre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 10:57am
quote:
[br]I would like to see more drivers become flexible about driving to Potomac. When I slugged from CC, I would sometimes wait quite a while before getting picked up by a driver. And most of the time, it was because the driver got tired of waiting for Horner or Tackett riders.

The problem is that a lot of the Horner drivers do not know the fastest way to get to Potomac Mills. They all take Prince William Parkway and then go through all those lights.

I showed two drivers that were forced to take Potomac Mills riders the fast way, which is going through Dale City/Rippon Landing, and they were amazed on how fast they got in and out of there.

I think it's just not knowing.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 11:42am
quote:
Originally posted by spolastre
[br]
quote:

The problem is that a lot of the Horner drivers do not know the fastest way to get to Potomac Mills. They all take Prince William Parkway and then go through all those lights.

I showed two drivers that were forced to take Potomac Mills riders the fast way, which is going through Dale City/Rippon Landing, and they were amazed on how fast they got in and out of there.

I think it's just not knowing.

Please post the directions!

Live Long and Prosper
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 11:49am
It is much easier to read this board if people would just reply and not post the entire thread with their message. It's annoying and time-consuming and unnecessary. I don't mean anyone in particular - I've certainly been guilty of the same thing from time to time. But for ease of reading, please just Reply. We'll know what you're talking about. (maybe the posting of the whole thread is an automatic feature for you. if so, I apologize. just trying to help)

Eric
Sluggin' from Tacketts to Rosslyn and back.
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 1:27pm
Directions for getting to Potomac from HOV.

- Take the Dale City / Rippon Landing exit. This is the next one past the Horner Road (Prince William Pkwy) exit.
- Stay to the right and follow the curve around to the right. This should take you between the Hylton Chapel and the Best Western.
- Once you see the Best Western, get in the middle lane and follow it to the right past the white chapel.
- Go straight the light in front of Bob Evans towards Potomac Mills

I'm sure any Potomac Mills slug would be more than willing to guide you there if these instructions aren't clear to you. Hope this helps!!

To Roadrunner:

The commuter lot at Potomac Mills is located across from the Pier One and Texaco. There are maps on this site that show where each line is. Let me know if you need more info.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic