Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Try Potomac Mills if Horner Rd is full

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 3:25pm
quote:
Originally posted by P8R10TZ
[br]I'm sure any Potomac Mills slug would be more than willing to guide you there if these instructions aren't clear to you.

The times I've driven to Potomac, slugs have been very helpful getting me to the correct turns. We all want to get home.
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 12:14pm
To Roadrunner:

Thanks Roadrunner-but I think I've been guided through that way & it added ~ 18 minutes to my commute....18 minutes that I didn't have. If I am driving, it's so much easier to drop people off @ Horner and be on my merry way...

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2004 at 9:11am
quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner
[br]To Uhura: thanks for what? I wasn't the one giving directions -- merely asking.

My bad-I meant to thank the person that posted the directions...

Live Long and Prosper
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2004 at 9:27am
UGH! Again I ran into the overflow problem at Horner today, and again Potomac Mills was left empty while tons of cars just waited at Horner for no one. Don't drivers realize that the lot is packed and slugs can't park so therefore no riders? Don't slugs realize the lot is full and there's no inch of grass or curb or striped lines left to park? Just go to Potomac Mills everyone! Learn the directions and get over there if Horner is full. Stop illegal parking and all of this idiocy. UGH!
Pirategirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirategirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2004 at 1:43pm
I normally slug from Horner and I don't have a problem slugging from PM to Rosslyn, but I've overheard a few people comment that there is also limited parking at PM, with only a few lanes of parking being designated for slugging. Is there any truth to this?
[?]

~Don't remove the kinks from your hair, remove them from your brain~
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2004 at 4:36pm
There is a designated area for commuter parking (which is poorly marked aside from the blue lines on the main loop around the mall) but ever since Horner's gotten so popular it is barely half-full now. There are hundreds of empty spaces after 8AM. In the past before the new Horner lot was built I think it used to get full, but not anymore.
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2004 at 6:19pm
You are correct, WBSlug7. Once the expansion at Horner was finished, may riders migrated to Horner. This was mostly because of the rumor Potomac Mill was closing their lot. The reason it's poorly marked is because it hasn't filled up in a while. I'm sure they would mark it if the lot started getting full again.
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 9:34am
I think I will use Potomac tomorrow because Horner is a nightmare these days and people are just so agressive trying to find any illegal spot they can. (This is about 10 till 8 am.) Are there drivers picking up from Potomac around the 8 am hour?
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 2:56pm
Horner is really getting out of control! Traffic was so bad today just getting into the lot that I didn't even bother trying and went straight to PM.

To give some encouragement to frustrated Horner users who want to try PM, I have noticed more Horner regulars going over to PM to check it out. Both days I've used PM I was met with other Horner exiles. I've had no problem slugging except having to wait a bit longer.

As for popularity, at around 8AM there are usually 2-3 cars waiting at the Pentagon line, and Rosslyn/CC drivers will swing by too. There's a slow flow of slugs as well.

If we spread the word out about making PM popular again I think we can make it work better for all of us.

cedarcitynative View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2004 at 3:45pm
Yeah, I'm with you on the Horner Road issue. I used to get there at 7:45am and have spots to choose from. The other day I arrived at 7:35 and got one of the last two spots. Yesterday I opted for 234 and ended up 1 mile down the road and away from the lot. Pretty ridiculous. This morning I left my house at 7:50am, bought gas and drove over to PM. I had two happy slugs in my car and was into work by 9am. Not bad at all. I've been at it for over two years and am tired of the fight for spots and riders at 234 and Horner and am happily transferring my business to PM.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic