Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Try Potomac Mills if Horner Rd is full

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Try Potomac Mills if Horner Rd is full
    Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 9:36am
What a crazy commute this morning was! Horner Rd was packed out by 8 so I decided to try Potomac Mills for the first time thinking others would have the same idea. However, when I got there I couldn't find any lines, but luckily saw a few cars and eventually guessed my way to the Crystal City line. Luckily there was another person looking as lost as I was and a car pulled up also thinking to try PM since Horner was a mess.

My comment is this: Why aren't more people using Potomac Mills when Horner Rd is full? There were TONS of spots to park and no one was taking advantage of it? If all the overflow would head over to PM or some other lots it would all work out. (I can understand if certain lines are only available at Horner but most are offered at both)

glacier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glacier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 10:49am
Not as many drivers

Cheers,

Glacier
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 12:31pm
I agree with glacier. There aren't many drivers heading back to PM in the afternoon.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 1:11pm
I agree as well and I am wondering how long it'll take me to get home tonight. But if drivers were willing to pick up at PM they should be willing to drop off at PM, how else are slugs supposed to get home? I don't want to waste money for a bus just to cross the road.
swichowski View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swichowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 1:30pm
I see a lot of people who slug back to Horner and take the bus to Potomac Mills. I think it cost under $1.00 but not sure! Anyone Know???
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 2:09pm
I would definately start using Potomac again if we had drivers. I don't need to be to the lot until 8 or after and by then there are no cars, if cars would start going to Potomac, I know a bunch of slugs who would start going there as well...
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 4:23pm
I think that would help out the Horner over-crowding situation a lot if people would use Potomac Mills. It's not that much of an inconvenience to get on/off the HOV lanes either and the traffic at the lights aren't as bad as Telegraph Rd. Are most drivers willing to take slugs over to Potomac Mills instead of Horner if need be?
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 5:29am
I'm a Potomac driver, but I only find riders for Potomac at night 25% of the time because a lot of them started taking the bus. It's tough to wait for just Potomac because of that, so I take Horner if Potomac riders aren't there. If more drivers were willing to start picking up for Potomac, I'm sure more riders would come back as well.
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 7:41am
When I was commuting to/from Rosslyn, on days I drove, I'd try first for Potomac or Tacketts riders, just because it was harder for them to get back. For me, Potomac was actually the best, because it allowed me to bypass much of Minnieville and all of PWP. What a mess those roads have become as more and more building occurs past Dale City.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 7:47am
quote:
Originally posted by P8R10TZ
[br]I'm a Potomac driver, but I only find riders for Potomac at night 25% of the time because a lot of them started taking the bus. It's tough to wait for just Potomac because of that, so I take Horner if Potomac riders aren't there. If more drivers were willing to start picking up for Potomac, I'm sure more riders would come back as well.

Yeh, I think that's the problem. Drivers or riders don't know when one or the other are going to be at Potomac. I believe it got worse for Potomac Mills when Horner expanded. I think something needs to be done with Potomac Mills cause yesterday I saw at least 10-12 cars parked along Telegraph Road. People must be coming from miles around to park at Horner. [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic