Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mine Road Lot FULL by 7:30????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 10:43am
oh no, not 6:30 that's just unconscionable. Avoid the lines and the full lot, get up earlier.
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 10:13am
Dixiedog, are you not understanding something or what?!?!? If everyone goes in earlier, then there still won't be enough parking spaces and the lines will be out of control. What don't you understand about that? Would anyone like to discuss a real solution?
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 1:23pm
This is EXACTLY what I referred to in a post to the Carpooling message this morning. No solutions being offered, just smart-a** answers. But as soon as something like this affects them they are the first to complain.

Aside from the fact that getting there earlier would not be a good solution - my feelings are that its UNSAFE to make later slugs park at the Staffordborough lot and then walk to the Mine Road lot to slug.

Dina
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 2:12pm
So isn't the "old lot = early, Mine Rd = late" mentality contributing to the problem? The problem is that there are late parking spaces in the old lot but the slugging is over at Mine Rd. Rather than change everyone's slugging time, wouldn't it help to begin phasing out the time-sensitive nature of the behaviour and introduce some flexibility?
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 2:34pm
Slugbully, I understand it completely and I’m offering you a simple solution. The key word being “you.” I understand that if all five thousand commuters show up at 6:00 it would be chaotic, however, that is not happen no matter what is said on this message board. But, if you, and you alone, where to show up at the lot at earlier you would find a shorter line and many more parking options. kaboom.
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 3:59pm
It has nothing to with mentality -- the Mine Road lot was built because the Staffordborough lot would fill up before 7:00. So the many of us that did not need to be at work until 8:30 or 9:00 were forced to park illegally or get to the lot extremely early (which is still not an option, Dixiedog, kablooey to you).

So again, nothing to do with "mentality" or "time sensitive behavior" - whatever that is supposed to mean...LOL!, why would the people that were the early birds start parking in the Mine Road lot when they were accustommed to parking in the Staffordborough lot? I mean why change it up? It's just causing problems for us that don't have to be at work at zero-dark-thirty.

Dina
ScarletLSG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletLSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 4:00pm
Dixeedog,

It might not be as simple as that for the Dina. I'm not sure where Dina works, but she might work on a schedule that is not at all flexible. We have some positions at our company that are STRICTLY 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. An employee with one of those positions that arrives at 7 a.m. CANNOT clock in and may not even have a desk at which to sit. I think that your response is an obvious one if a person's schedule is flexible. Hopefully Dina's is.

ScarletLSG
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 4:18pm
Scarlett,

You are right - my schedule is NOT flexible. And, I am sure that there are many others that slug that do not have a flexible schedule either. Just because I get to work at 7:30 and start working does not mean that I get to leave earlier nor do I get to charge for overtime for starting work earlier in the mornings.

I think Dixiedog is one of those people that post for the heck of it to get a rise out of people -- the same ignorant response over and over again. But the last time was with a Kaboom! at the end! LOL!

Thank you for understanding, Scarlett!

Dina
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2004 at 5:18pm
Dixiedog, I am not looking for a solution for just ME. I am trying to consider the slug community as a whole. If the slug system was run by someone as selfish as yourself, then it would have never succeeded. Maybe if people would be more considerate of each other, then us late folks (who don't have a flexible work schedule), can have a legal place to park. Basically, the early folks should go to the old lot, and then once that fills up around 7:00, the later folks will then go to the Mine Road Lot. Too bad there are so many selfish earlier folks who only care about themselves. [V]
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2004 at 8:28am
quote:
Originally posted by dkerley
[br]It has nothing to with mentality -- the Mine Road lot was built because the Staffordborough lot would fill up before 7:00. So the many of us that did not need to be at work until 8:30 or 9:00 were forced to park illegally or get to the lot extremely early (which is still not an option, Dixiedog, kablooey to you).

So again, nothing to do with "mentality" or "time sensitive behavior" - whatever that is supposed to mean...LOL!, why would the people that were the early birds start parking in the Mine Road lot when they were accustommed to parking in the Staffordborough lot? I mean why change it up? It's just causing problems for us that don't have to be at work at zero-dark-thirty.

Dina

Really? I never saw anything in print that restricted use of the lots based on time. Please provide references that show that policy. If that were indeed the case would it not be more practical to post the "no parking before _____" regulations so everyone can behave according to your wishes? So sorry to have to be the one that breaks this news to you but the Mine Rd lot was not built for your personal convenience but to fill the need for more commuter parking spaces. It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with time and attempting to place that artificial restriction on its use is doomed to failure (as we are now all observing). People use the lot "because it's there and I need to park my car" rather than "because it's there and I need to park my car and it's after 8:00 AM".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic