Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mine Road Lot FULL by 7:30????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mine Road Lot FULL by 7:30????
    Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 12:43pm
Have you guys noticed that if you aren't at the Mine Road lot in Stafford off 610 by 7:30 that the parking spaces are few and far between? It took me 15 minutes to find a spot and pulled into the lot at 7:35. Its been like that since Labor Day.

What gives?

And, does anyone know how the old Staffordborough lot works out now that they have redesigned it and the road leading to it? Is that lot becoming more empty now?

Just curious. If worse comes to worse, I'll just walk from home to the lot.

Dina
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2004 at 3:03pm
I think the problem is due to the fact that people are using the Mine Road lot earlier and earlier. Even though it was intended to be used by the later folks. I have heard that there are quite a few spaces at the Staffordborough lot but all the later drivers are all waiting at the Mine Road Lot for us!! I also wanted to warn everyone that have been parking in the Physical Therapy office parking spaces to not do that because they put flyers on people's cars last week warning them that they would be towed if they kept parking there. I would love to hear from anyone who has some good suggestions as to what us late folks should do. It's like a Catch 22!!
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 7:03am
get up earlier :)
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 10:13am
That's a very cute response dixiedog but that does absolutely nothing to solve the problem. Unless of course you want everyone to start showing up early. In fact maybe all the later folks should do that and we'll just see how the earlier folks enjoy making their lines alot longer?!?!?!
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 4:24pm
What I don't understand is if the Staffordborough Lot was working out fine for the early birds, then why start using the Mine Road lot?

And, why should I have to get up earlier to be at the lot at 6:00 a.m. when I don't even have to be at work until 8:30? C'mon.

Dina
Slug15 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slug15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 4:27pm
It hasn't been since Labor Day that the Mine Road lot has been filling up earlier (well, not at 7:30 a.m., but it was around 8:00 a.m.). Anyway, last week I arrived at the Mine Road lot around 8:00 or so, no parking was available, I decided to try the Old Lot (Staffordsboro, right?), there was at least 5 LEGAL parking spaces left. I pulled into a space and WALKED to the Mine Road lot (took me about 20 minutes), I figured even though it was 8:20 a.m., I should still get a ride because the normal sluggers that couldn't find parking decided to drive instead (there was at least 7 cars pulled up waiting on slugs). I don't understand why there were spaces available at the old lot (when it's considered an "early" lot). I heard that they are "shrinking" the old lot more of spaces with the new shopping center being built up. Not sure if that's true, though, but we are seeing that the Mine Road lot is being filled to capacity by 7:30 a.m. Where do we go from here? Ugh! Horner Road is no better (the lot is filled by 7:45 - 7:50 a.m.); there's always the 123 lot in Lake Ridge, but on a bad traffic day it could take you 45 minutes to get there and it's NOT a slug lot, mainly just Omniride bus transportation. Double ugh!!
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 4:44pm
You raise a valid point. If there are still spots available in the old lot and you are an early bird, PLEASE park there so us late birds can park and get rides from Mine Road.

Slug15, its ludicrous that you had walk across Rte. 610 which is busy and in no way accommodates pedestrians. [:0]

Dina
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2004 at 4:52pm
I've overheard many people commenting on how they go to the Mine Road lot at 6:00 a.m. now and I have tried to explain to them the reason why they shouldn't do that and they stated that they didn't care because that was closer to their house. Some people like the convenience of Mine Road if they live on that side of 610 but they need to understand that it actually ends up taking them longer because the line is longer for Mine Road now at the Pentagon and for every three cars the old 610 lot gets, Mine Road gets one. That line is sooo much slower than the old 610 lots line at the Pentagon at least. It has also been difficult to get through that light at the exit ramp lately. Sometimes you have to sit through it three times before you can get through!! I wish there was some solution that everyone could agree on, any ideas out there?!?!?! How about a late rider revolt where we all show up at Mine Road really early and make the early folks have a hard time getting a ride and hold signs stating why weare all showing up there early. Maybe then they will get the point!!!!!!!!!!!![}:)]
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 8:08am
Hhhhmm...If late slugs have to park in the old 610 lot (because Mine Road is full) and then walk over to the Mine road lot where there is a line of cars waiting for slugs (who will not come because the only available parking spots are over in the old lot), isn't the solution obvious?
Slug15 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slug15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2004 at 9:32am
Yes, the solution is obvious. The only problem is the line of cars do not realize that some of the late slugs are having to park at the old lot. I've even asked drivers to follow me to the old lot, but they refused because "What if there isn't parking there either? Then I'll not only lose you as a rider, but would have lost my place in the line of cars to get riders from the Mine Road lot." Valid point, I must say. I only had to walk that walk one time, to make my butt get up earlier (along with my children, unfortunately) to get to the Mine Road lot (I've since changed my hours at work, I am very fortunate though to be able to change my hours, not everyone has that option to do so). Will that mean by next year though, instead of getting to Mine Road by 7:00 a.m., I'll have to get there by 6:30 a.m.? What a thought!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic