Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parking at Horner Rd. is Awful!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 12:54pm
For those of you going to Potomac Mills after 8:00 Am...where are your destinations? I may start picking up there, if it benefits me to do so.
aaron_the_prince View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron_the_prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 1:32pm
At least two of us are slugging to the 14th and K Street area.
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 1:34pm
I generally go to 14th but ultimately I need to get to 15th and K so if you go 18th, as long as you go up to K I'd be willing to ride. I prefer 14th but since we really need drivers, I'm willing to be flexible.
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 3:41pm
ktzmom:

Don't give up hope. I'm sure the more PM gets used, the more you'll see riders for your destination. It's just going to take some time for PM to take-off again.
Pirategirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirategirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 1:36pm
I normally pick up from Horner too, but to avoid the madness, I have decided to pick up from PM too. I arrived at PM this morning around 8am, and there were no riders. I am very flexible with my drop off destinations, so I can be swayed easily judging by the number of people waiting.
Eventually some people showed up, and I figured it was well worth the 5 or 10 minute wait. So don't give up on PM's, hang in there!
[;)]
AF Fam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AF Fam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 3:50pm
Are there any riders going to Rosslyn from PM between 7:15 and 8:00 AM? I will be driving approx one week per month on that route (Horner Rd or PM). Thanks.
ckenyattas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckenyattas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 3:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by 13yearslugger
[br]Is anyone else having trouble parking at Horner Road??

We're trying to find out if others are having as much difficulty as many of us are in that the lot seems to be filling up (Max.) by 7:30 at the latest, and people are being forced to park illegally and on the street.

Does anyone have any good ideas of how we can fix this problem. Someone said they thought it was b/c people from Potomac Mills and Hechingers are starting to park there b/c it was easier to get rides, but I'm not sure the lot can handle all the attention it's getting.

Good ideas needed!!! Maybe we need to bring this to the attention of our county sups. that there is a huge need here????

Christopher K. Sese-Khalid, Sr.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckenyattas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 3:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by 13yearslugger
[br]Is anyone else having trouble parking at Horner Road??

We're trying to find out if others are having as much difficulty as many of us are in that the lot seems to be filling up (Max.) by 7:30 at the latest, and people are being forced to park illegally and on the street.

Does anyone have any good ideas of how we can fix this problem. Someone said they thought it was b/c people from Potomac Mills and Hechingers are starting to park there b/c it was easier to get rides, but I'm not sure the lot can handle all the attention it's getting.

Good ideas needed!!! Maybe we need to bring this to the attention of our county sups. that there is a huge need here????

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckenyattas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 4:07pm
Yes there is other alternates. You can park at the Overflow parking (Prince William Square on Opitz Blvd) and have 18th street, State Department pick up passengers there. Rosalyn and the Pentagon are still picking up passengers at Potomac Mills. There are plenty of parking and plenty of room to pick up. It is not to far from 95 (HOV) lane. The HOV will fill up before 7:30am. So I will volunteer to start the overflow parking at the Prince William Square on Opitz Blvd. Across the street from Potomac Mills. If we continue to park at Horner Road like this. We are asking for trouble such as accidents, car theft, parking tickets, and getting your car toll. Remember Prince William County police are watching us and they will find the best time to get us especially during the fall and the winter time. Woodbridge 123 parking is too far and it is out of the drivers way when returning back home.

Bureau of Arms Control , Office of Conventional of Arms Control (AC/CAC)
U.S. Department of State
Tel: 202-736-4760
Fax: 202-647-7663
Office E-mail: SesekhCK@state.gov
Home E-mail: ckenyattas@comcast.net
Determination and perserverance are the ingredient of achievement.

P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 4:29pm
I don't think commuter parking in Prince William Square is allowed anymore, unless they changed their policy again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic