Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parking at Horner Rd. is Awful!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 8:29am
I went to PM again this morning..I was there around 7am again, but this time there were plenty of slugs! It was great :)
There is PLENTY of parking there :)
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 9:24am
Is Potomac Mills really that good? I slug to Rosslyn from Tackett's and I LOVE Tackett's Mill but I'm moving from Lake Ridge to Woodbridge over by Woodbridge Middle/E. Vaughn (and I really, really don't want to have to use Horner). I was debating still using Tackett's; but if PM is healthy that seems to make far more sense. Does someone out there have first hand knowledge of the availability of Rosslyn rides from PM at approx. 7 AM?

Eric
Tacketts to Rosslyn rider
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 10:28am
For me, PM means hitting four traffic lights getting to the lot, then three on the way to the HOV. Same in reverse at night. Nonetheless, I tried PM yesterday and today at 8:00 a.m. and got rides in 10 minutes.

We need to start using PM more for everything after 7:45 or so.
aaron_the_prince View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaron_the_prince Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 10:51am
For me, the number of red lights surrouding PM lot is no more of an obstacle to my commute than Horner's overcrowding. In fact its about the same when you consider having to slow down for all the pedestrians and battle other cars for parking spaces.

My commute has been so much easier both in the morning and on the way home when I use PM.

One more point, WE NEED MORE DC DRIVERS TO POTOMAC IN THE AFTERNOON. I wish Horner drivers realized how much easier it is to get out of PM lot after dropping off slugs as opposed to dropping at Horner. Particularly, if you life off of Dale Blvd. or Rt. 1. You never have to get back on 95!! No back up at the lights on Telegraph Rd.
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 10:59am
I agree. Getting back into Horner in the afternoon there is always a backlog off of HOV and you have to wait for people to drop off and/or go around the Pentagon drop off in the first lot, continue to the second lot to drop off and wait some more. Coming out of Horner by either exit there is always a long wait. It takes me 10 minutes or more to even get out of Horner these days. When I just go straight to Potomac no back up or waits and drop off is easy and no long walk to get to the car in the evening! So drivers, please consider coming back to Potomac in the evenings. You will find it really isn't that bad and you might find it quicker like most of us have!

Cruisin in HOV
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2004 at 5:07am
Carleric, there's usually a bunch of cars waiting for Rosslyn riders...
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2004 at 11:23am
I saw a VW van parked along the PW Pkwy exit last night as we drove past on our way to PM that backed up and parked perpendicular in between two paralled-parked cars! Half the van was hanging over the edge of the ground! I couldn't believe the crazy things people do to squeeze into a spot there.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2004 at 2:38pm
Somebody is going to get hit by a car by parking on Telegraph Rd.
There is NO room to walk to you car without being on the road. I can't believe that people are willing to risk their lives to park at Horner. AMAZING!
wdossel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wdossel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2004 at 2:48pm
... as well as someone turning out of Horner onto Telegraph may get nailed by oncoming traffic that was blocked by parked vehicles along Telegraph...have seen several close calls already.

- Will
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2004 at 9:34pm
QUESTION: Is there anything that can be done to advertise the Potomac Mills Lot for morning and AFTERNOONS? It very difficult to obtain a ride home if you are going to Potomac. I would be happy to use Potomac if I knew I could have a better chance at geting a ride home in the Afternoon.

QUESTION: Is there a way to catch an Omnilink Bus to Potomac from Roslyn if you dont get a slug ride home in time?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic