Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bob's to Rosslyn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob's to Rosslyn
    Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 9:02am
I'm new to this and could use a little help.

Are there people looking for rides to Rosslyn from the Bob's/Chi Chi location in Springfield. My target departure time is 0630.

Thanks for your help!

DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 7:48pm
There are two lines at the Bob's location.

One line goes across 14th Street bridge (and I assume the Pentagon), the other line goes to destinations across Memorial Bridge. I'm often in line around 6:30, but I've never heard a driver mention Roslyn though. Good luck.
Barracuda View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2004 at 9:07pm
I am new to this as well am leave from springfield to Rosslyn around 6:30. Although I have not done it yet, I think picking up pentagon people would also help you.

To get to rosslyn I go up 395 get off on 8B take the second exit Pentagon Parking North (VA110). It takes me right there. I figured I could drop off the Pentagon people when I get off 395 and have to drive by the Pentagon anyway.

I need to research where Pentagon people wait in Springifeld. I'll let you know how it works out.
Barracuda View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 12:57pm
Picked up Pentagon people on my way to Rosslyn today from Springifeld and it worked like a dream. I picked them up at the Daventry Subdivision slug line http://www.slug-lines.com/AM_Lines/daventry.asp heading toward 395 turn right on to hunter village drive, go down 100 yards and make a U-turn there is a blue sign for cars lining up. I'm told its almost exclusively Pentagon.

Get off on Pentagon South parking lot, drop them off then get on VA24. Get off on the next exit, it has a big green sign for Pentagon Parking North and a little white sign for VA110. Get off on that exit make a right get on VA110. Take that about a mile stay in the left lane and it splits off for Rosslyn it dumps you on Wilson Blvd. Traffic is very light on the second part of this trip.

I figured I saved about 20 mins.
mcgiles View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcgiles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2004 at 12:28pm
Thanks for the info. I will try this on Monday.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic