Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When Slugs Become Pedestrians

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When Slugs Become Pedestrians
    Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 9:05am
This morning someone almost died on 14th St. Okay, that's a bit dire, but I'd like to appeal to riders to use caution when they leave a vehicle and take to foot. Here's what happened...at about 6:30 (still dark), while traffic was stopped at a light on 14th Street, a rider in a car in the outside (curb) lane, jumped out and started running in between cars to cross the street. As he did, the light changed, and a driver coming up the clear inside lane somehow managed to stop just in time to avoid hitting the foolish person. Do I know the man was a slug? No. He could have been a car pool member, but the distinction means nothing if you're the one who gets hit.
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 9:29am
I totally agree! I feel like I will have a heart attack some mornings just watching people dash across the 8 lanes to get to Bob's. Is your job that great that you are willing to risk your life to get there?
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2004 at 9:59am
Try crossing Rte. 610 in Stafford....no crosswalks and people in Stafford are still somewhat country where they don't expect pedestrians to cross and major roads. I did it once and will never do it again -- I was scared until I made it to the Mine Road lot. [xx(]

Dina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic