Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IS IT ASKING TO MUCH???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrs.KLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IS IT ASKING TO MUCH???
    Posted: 29 Sep 2004 at 4:47pm
I have a few things I would like to ask of my friends I share my vehicle with Monday-Friday. Now first of I want to say that I have been a slug and now I'm the driver, now I see a lot of threads on here about how awful some drivers are well let me fill you in on some of the expectation we drivers have for you.

1.please do not get in our cars rolling windows down so you can yell out to friends standing on the corner.[:o)]
2.when it is raining outside and you get into a car don't you think it would be a dandy idea to put that wet umbrella down on the floor on the mat instead of on the drivers seat.[:X]
3.If you have food in your bag that could possibly leak do you think it might be a good idea not to sit it on the seat?[^]
4.Now we know cell phones are the way of the world today, but does everyone in the car have to know about the problems you are having in your life or the problems the person on the other line is having in there life? huh do we?[?]
5.And exactly what is with those of you that slug with 9000 bags and always want to sit up front with the driver[8D]
6.And speaking of the front seat there is an easier way that you can read the newspaper and sit up front too! just fold it up some and read your article, because we drivers need that little mirror that hangs on the passenger side of the car[8)]

But personally I just want you folks to get in my car and respect the fact that this not a taxi service this is my and my families personal vehicle that I still have to pay for once you get out. I know that there are some drivers that are a nightmare to ride with as well (been there done that), but you still have to respect ones property.I for one have no problem speaking up especially in something that I pay the note on, but I know people that pick up slugs and are very mild mannered a will not say something when some of you do things in there cars that they don't care for. Bottom line respect what does not belong to you IS IT ASKING TO MUCH?????????

Mrs. B
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 6:55am
Amen!! Well said. [;)]
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 8:38am
I think everything you say is totally valid and makes perfect sense. I wonder, where are all these annoying slugs and drivers? I have yet to see someone make a slugging faux pas. I've heard cell phones go off, but usually the slugger quietly says "I'll call you in 15 minutes". For rain, I waded through a monsoon to get to a car and apologized profusely for even sitting down in his leather lexus, but the driver was very forgiving. Maybe I just ride with all the sleepers? Good luck finding more polite riders!
ExecSec View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExecSec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 1:59pm
Good question kgirl - Where do you pick up such slugs >:( I don't drive as often as I ride but I agree to everything you said Mrs.KLB!
Trong View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2004 at 8:10pm
Well said, Mrs.KLB.

trong
scarygreengiant View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarygreengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2004 at 10:19am
Haha. I've heard so many slugging horror stories. I haven't had any bad experiences yet. All of the drivers and slugs I've riddent with have been polite and courteous. I did ride with a few drivers who a little too fast but hey, it's a free ride so I don't complain.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2004 at 12:54pm
Thank you much for the TRUTH. Its not very often you hear it. AH,,, refreshing.

:'}
cburand View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cburand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2004 at 4:07pm
Wow I agree. Most of the time I do not have a problem at all. When the newspaper blocks the mirror that does drive me crazy though. I do not mind a short cell phone conversation is it the ones that go on and on and on like nobody else is in the car about topics that are not urgent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic