Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcheaters vs. hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat-drink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cheaters vs. hybrids
    Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 5:54am
As a long time slug-driver, it has become impossible NOT to notice the growing number of hybrids in the HOV lanes....especially over the last 12-18 months.

Here's a question...possibly even an unscientific poll:

Which annoys you more? Cheaters or hybrids with only the driver in it.
Geezehead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geezehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 7:31am
Hybrids - by far - they are 'legal' cheaters. Put three in those matchboxes!
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 8:43am
hmmm. Cheaters I say. How hard would it really be to jump off and pick up a couple of riders? I guess that goes both ways, but at least the Hybrids have that whole fuel efficiency thing going for them and I tend to have a soft side for efforts to minimize pollution. Plus, I think the free roaming of the HOV by Hybrids with one person will likely end soon. If all the cars are hybrids there is no point in having all the perks. Plus, if you put 3 people in a hybrid, whats the maximum speed, 30?? :)
CUCV_Owner View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CUCV_Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 9:05am
Cheaters are more annoying. Hybrid owners are obeying the law. If the rest of us don't like the law, it is up to us to contact our elected officials in Richmond and get it changed.

--
Politicians should serve two terms... a term in office followed by a term in jail.
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 9:10am
Cheaters, but a close second is Hybrids
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 9:16am
Not worth the time getting annoyed. What I don't like is aggressive drivers (who are probably the annoyed ones). I just think traffic stinks and is getting worse by the day. Don't see any ultimate solution to the mess.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 10:00am
Cheaters, definitely.
The hybrids are smug and we're never ever going to get rid of them, but at least they're following the rules. And Following the Rules is the core of being a good slugger.

It's the HOT advocates who really get my goat.
pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 10:11am
Cheaters annoy me
ExecSec View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExecSec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 2:15pm
I agree with Sponge Bob
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 3:31pm
And then there was the guy who bought his hybrid so that he could avoid Horner Rd, smoke his cigar, drink his coffee, listen to Howard Stern, talk loudly about personal things on his cell phone while driving aggressively alone at 45 mph in the HOV lanes so that he wouldn't have slugs write about him on the "DO NOT RIDE WITH LIST" on this message board. [:D][:D][:D]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic