Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedcheaters vs. hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 3:42pm
... and I forgot to mention the guy is a law enforcement officer who stops at WaWa and keeps the temperature in his car at 90 degrees! [8D][;)]
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 4:36pm
I doubt that that the hybrid drivers are going to be allowed in the HOV lanes without three riders much longer -- I give it another year or so.

Have you all noticed how bad traffic is getting in the HOV's? What in the heck is going on?

The only thing that really annoys me is that hybrids go WAY below the speed limit - like the battery in their car is running low or something.[;)]

Dina
dctigger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dctigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2004 at 9:50pm
Hybrids!!!!! You would think that people who buy cars for clean air reasons would believe in ride sharing.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2004 at 7:21am
Cheaters - they don't have an exemption...yet.
ScarletLSG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletLSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2004 at 9:11am
Dina,

Not all of us Hybrid drivers cruise WAY below the speed limit. I submit as evidence my 82 mph speeding ticket that also got me a reckless driving citation in the HOVs. I am NOW a reformed driver and maintain 65-70. Some of these Hybrid cars can FLY!

ScarletLSG
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2004 at 9:12am
Hybrid owners buy the car for the HOV exemption not clean air reasons. Most Hybrid owners are self serving introverts. Or at least that is why I bought mine :)
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2004 at 9:50am
Regardless of why a Hybrid buyer bought the hybrid, they are still obeying the law while driving in the HOV, and whether they wanted to or not reducing pollution.
Cheaters are just plain cheating and not helping anyone.

and off topic...aren't government holidays great! no back up at the pentagon exit today!! [8D]
manalangd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manalangd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2004 at 3:28pm
That's it. My next car is a hybrid.

David
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2004 at 12:20am
Hybrids are a far greater risk to the slugging system, and carpooling in general.

They also have to cheat the law to get the clean fuel plates, since they do not meet the requirment as the law is written. It's just how it's been adopted after enough hybrid drivers complained about getting tickets after buying their supposedly clean car.
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2004 at 4:54pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]Hybrids are a far greater risk to the slugging system, and carpooling in general.

They also have to cheat the law to get the clean fuel plates, since they do not meet the requirment as the law is written. It's just how it's been adopted after enough hybrid drivers complained about getting tickets after buying their supposedly clean car.

I tried to get DMV to explain how hybrids qualify under the state law. They conveniently stop responding to me. It would be nice to get them to follow the law, state and federal. I suppose someone would need to sue but who has the time for that? Any lawyer here looking to do some pro bono for an environmental cause? It is very sad when we give clean fuel plates to cars that aren't cleaner than a lot of other cars. Honda should be exposed and publicly ridiculed for selling a dirty version of their hybrids here. DMV should be ridiculed for ignoring the law and the actual emissions of the hybrids and giving Honda a bonus for selling the dirtier version of their hybrids here. A regular Honda accord or Toyota Camry is much cleaner than the hybrid civic sold here. But once again, government and common sense don't mix.

We should all write our reps. and tell them to write the law to reward actual emissions and not technology fads. They should also make the law perfectly clear so the DMV can't get creative with interpretations.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic